Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Seems all these heaters have 20 minute cut offs anyway, but it appeals to me that if you heat the whole tank up you may not need it in the afternoon. 

Although maybe the higher gas charge would cost more than just buying a one shot?

Ive never used one but I worry one shot wouldn't have enough range because I normally have 100m hose reeled out a couple of times a day at big country houses

Could I use a pressure relief valve like this 
https://www.screwfix.com/p/pressure-relief-valve-x-/8131V?kpid=8131V&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeTfWfU6onmFVte7FwUvfQ4pZbar4Ym8fckEuRICsCD8-opB6TCnlQIaAv6HEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNO614CGtdcCFaQD0wodM8gEOQ#product_additional_details_container 
After the heater on a tee so one side goes to my hose reel and the other goes into the prv and that feeds back into the tank?

That way when univalve is open flow would go through to reel but when it's closed the pressure build up would open the prv so flow wouldn't stop and it wouldn't cut out the heater but would send hot water back into the tank. Just turn it off between jobs and the whole tank would gradually heat up

Anyone think it would work? If it would work then would it be a good idea? I really like univalve

I have the same valve on my tank - albeit with a webasto diesel heater, pretty much copied from ionicsystems who do it on the thermopure set-up. They are pretty spot on with the 65psi set-up too (around 4 bar) although I adjust mine on a regular basis so it doesn't seize in one place. Having the pressure release valve keeps my webasto running all day which stops it shutting down and draining the battery on restart. It's also nice to have the water circulating and heating up when going between jobs. I'm sure it would work with the Gas version (particularly with a univalve set-up) although if I was going to do it with a gas heater I would look at having a fixed flue out of the van roof so I didn't have to keep turning it off between jobs - although if regs state you have to switch it off then it would have to be reconsidered?!?!?!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Could I use a pressure relief valve like this 
https://www.screwfix.com/p/pressure-relief-valve-x-/8131V?kpid=8131V&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuZXQBRDKARIsAMwpUeTfWfU6onmFVte7FwUvfQ4pZbar4Ym8fckEuRICsCD8-opB6TCnlQIaAv6HEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNO614CGtdcCFaQD0wodM8gEOQ#product_additional_details_container 
After the heater on a tee so one side goes to my hose reel and the other goes into the prv and that feeds back into the tank?

That way when univalve is open flow would go through to reel but when it's closed the pressure build up would open the prv so flow wouldn't stop and it wouldn't cut out the heater but would send hot water back into the tank. Just turn it off between jobs and the whole tank would gradually heat up

Anyone think it would work? If it would work then would it be a good idea? I really like univalve
This sounds like a good idea if it works, as will add a little hot water to tank. But you wouldnt leave it on when driving.
I was informed that a window cleaner did blow his van up using lpg. Maybe hadnt switched gas off n there was a spark? If you fo use these lpg heaters wr should probably have a sticker in van to remind us to switch off gas.

After seeing Greens video, went to local plumbers to get a couple of parts to change my connections from the hozelock as they drip when not under pressure. Got the wrong sizes. So spoke to neighbour a plumber n he said to get JG connections. He gave me a couple of 6" copper pipe.
92701d7335f78ef8efd9ec176fce2685.jpg

I would run 1 of heater and fill 25 ltr container or back pack for second man.Just fill portable as you need it with hot water.If you used a 12 ltr a min heater you probably would be able to do a two man setup.Harder to set up with pressures etc than single supply.

Hi i run two reels off one flojet pump through my 12lt heater and is man enough to cope . While using one reel the only difference i have to set the flow very slightly higher than normal to keep heater on hope this helps [emoji106]

I only have a 6ltr heater good enough for my requirements.My portable unit is amazingly handy just fill up with hot wate.r Once its nearly empty back to van and fill up again with fast filler less than a minute.very easy on gas I use the refillable ones can go to my filling station that sells lpg and fill it.Less than half the price of what my local gas supplier is looking.I have only started  using hot water and would recommend it really gets the dirt off on first cleans.

Yes you can fill them with either but filling stations only have lpg.LPG is just as good as propane except in really cold below - 4 lpg can freeze where propane should be ok till -10.I dont think I would be washing in - conditions anyway.You can get refillable bottle at camping outlets or you can get a new filler for top of bottle.I think I saw them on ebay 1 time.You need to make sure the bottle is empty and then put in the recommended amount in ltrs.Some bottles have a guage to tell you when full and some will only fill till they are full.

Back