Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water For Under £100

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Careful you don't crack any lol, I watched someone a couple of years back pour a kettle onto their car side window, it just shattered lol

Yeh for sure, I think over 70 it's pushing it on thin glass and single glazing, but 50 to 60 is ideal never had any issues. I will prob go to 45/50 in the real cold to avoid the chances of tempreture shock.

do you have to light the pilot every morning, this seems to simple and cheap to have a hot water set-up in your van.

does anyone go with Aplan insurance or similar who do not gharge extra on your insurance for having a gas bottle in van

is it easy to get the fitting for a gas tube to connect up to the heater, you will need a regulator on one end , where would i get the connection to fit onto the tube to connect up.

Does anyone know if you can put hot water through an R.O or D.I?

thinking about filling my van with hot the night before if cold weather?

or it that just ***?

thought about a small 12v heater element in the tank, but i suspect it wouldnt work.

what about wiring up a 240v kettle element in the tank and sticking it on "boil" for an hour on a morning, may get hot enough to last day?

Got enough problems diverting heat from the engine to my air vents, heater is knackerd, last year i was scraping inside and out of windscreen.

pond heater sounds a good shout

*goes to google*

there is a saying that hot water freezes faster than cold....where is that bloody brian cox when you need him?

no cheapy never **** on his hands that just a rumour...:rofl:

It does indeed, if you throw cold water into freezing air nothing happens, boiling water turns to snow

Hot can't freeze faster than cold cheapie

It has more heat (energy) to lose first

Brian cox is a cool dude

Also bass guitarist from d-ream

ahhhhh but is it that coz it got the energy it loses it faster...yeh cant remember his song but he defo my hero...new series coming soon.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Hot can't freeze faster than cold cheapieIt has more heat (energy) to lose first

Brian cox is a cool dude

Also bass guitarist from d-ream
Your wrong buddy, sorry [media]

[/media]

i enjoyed this thread. if you got lots of money you can buy good gear. if you got a little money you can d.i.y or second hand and if you are broke like me. your imagination is free.my pimp your ride idea is this. metal insulated 500ltr water tank plumbed into your hot water radiator on vehicle thermostat and extra pump heats as you drive.in saying this 100 for gas heater is really great value

Back