Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water For Under £100

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My door is always open.

My heater probably weighs 2kg max

Must be fitted by professional ( thats my ass legally covered )

If you can tie a shoe lace you are skilled enough to do this.

Mine shuts off the instant i stop the waterflow. Kicks back in when i start the water again.

I wouldnt worry about leaving it on all night as no flow no blow but i always err on the side of caution and shut it all down.

There are some on eBay and when you read the small print it says they have an automatic 20 min shut off. Probably so that you don't waste gas heating water for the person that's just dropped dead having a shower under a tree!!!

Just wanted to make sure cos I'm don't want to be 100m away when it shuts down!

Never actually measured it Jake, 3 - 4 weeks, however I just hoked up a new full bottle Friday night so with this as the start of the counter I will be able to look at my tally and tell you exactly within the month how many houses it does.
Is that gas still going???

Thanks Pete, you bloody Jinx!! /emoticons/tongue.png

The official result is in, 312 typical residences and a average care home.

So at 313 properties and even at the cost of £16 a bottle (petrol station price) that's about £0.05p per house.

Thanks Pete, you bloody Jinx!! /emoticons/tongue.png
The official result is in, 312 typical residences and a average care home.

So at 313 properties and even at the cost of £16 a bottle (petrol station price) that's about £0.05p per house.
Hahahaha!!!! What sixe was the bottle??? :)

So all in all whoever has this neat setup fitted would they recommend it ?? I like the thought of getting it sign written on the van about the hot water system , seems to me like it would be more of a seller for custom

So all in all whoever has this neat setup fitted would they recommend it ?? I like the thought of getting it sign written on the van about the hot water system , seems to me like it would be more of a seller for custom
Never regreted my hot system. Gives you jip at the beginning with the fittings, but after that its so handy when it gets proper cold

Hoses popping off because they expand. I replaced plastic connections with brass and the standard hose that runs from the heater to the reel with anti torsion hose

Right enough I clean a golf club and fill up with their really hot water and my connection popped off a few times throughout the day, back off the van Is like a sauna all day with the heat off the water

just incase it wears out ?
I think that's the point of using rubber hose, like you did at school with Bunsen burners, the idea is that it can be moved easily. If you want it stationary you would have to fit it inside the van and use copper pipe. Good luck with that when you have to keep changing the bottle. That rubber hose is extremely flexible and durable and is designed for such installations I would imagine. Maybe not in the back of a van per say but, certainly for camping etc, which is what this heater is designed for.

As for popping hoses you need to upgrade the 'hot water' hose. Go to any commercial kitchen fitters they will have what you want as they use it to plumb up all the commercial dishwashers and steam cleaners etc.

I had the same issue till I upgraded my hose.

Anybody know, where do I buy the necessary fittings for this set up? My heater has arrived yesterday. There is a fitting for the gas inlet so I toddled of down to the plumbers merchant with it to buy a couple more for the water connections and they don't sell them in the same size!!! They do 3/4 inch as opposed to the one the ones that fit this unit, which they said are 1/2 inch. And also, are they available with different sized tails on them because the gas tube that was available would not fit on the fitting that I've got and what are the fittings actually called?? Thanks

Latest Posts

Back