Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long for immersion heater?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've just bought a drop in pool immersion heater for my tank. 2000w. I usually have around 500l in it. How long do others with one leave it on for? Is all night too much?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211_140032_com.ebay.mobile_edit_137308071866548.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211_140032_com.ebay.mobile_edit_137308071866548.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 13
I've got a 300 litre tank. Immersion is 2kw with the tank insulated.

Water temp before was 6c and 5 hours later it was 31c.

The water is at 48c at the first job and by 2pm the rank road around 42c still.

Thanks!
I wonder what rate it will lose heat at though?
I'd like to eventually get a diesel heater but need a short term solution, barely got any work done this week!
Have a look at this post man…
I’ve had a van out of action a lot this week.

Problem is keeping it anywhere near that in these temps. I think my gas shower idea is much more efficient :ROFLMAO:
you have to insulate the tank really well. I removed my tank and put about three layers underneath it. Triple wrapped the rest of it as well.

I've just bought a drop in pool immersion heater for my tank. 2000w. I usually have around 500l in it. How long do others with one leave it on for? Is all night too much?
Interesting, is the one you have bought or intend to buy a decent brand that you can be assured will be safe enough? the only ones I came across last night were on some of those cheap sites for example https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogu...-auto-shutdown-heating-rod-with-plug-58294525 but the information is sketchy and specs non existent

Interesting, is the one you have bought or intend to buy a decent brand that you can be assured will be safe enough? the only ones I came across last night were on some of those cheap sites for example https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogu...-auto-shutdown-heating-rod-with-plug-58294525 but the information is sketchy and specs non existent
To be honest, I don't know anything about its reputation other than it was recommended to me by a friend.
If you follow the instructions and always have it unplugged while putting it in or taking it out, it should be pretty difficult to electrocute yourself if it's faulty. If it had a fault, it would blow the fuse in the plug or trip the breaker.
Was going to use it last night but it's last day at school and it's only a half day today so not worth it for a morning.

To be honest, I don't know anything about its reputation other than it was recommended to me by a friend.
If you follow the instructions and always have it unplugged while putting it in or taking it out, it should be pretty difficult to electrocute yourself if it's faulty. If it had a fault, it would blow the fuse in the plug or trip the breaker.
Was going to use it last night but it's last day at school and it's only a half day today so not worth it for a morning.
Thanks for the reply, I always have my current heater unplugged when placing it in the tank and of course, it's unplugged for a few minutes before I take it out of the tank so it can cool down so it can be placed in my garage without burning myself or anything else

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but do you submerge the whole of that heater?
Just that on some you leave the top half inch out of the water ???‍?

I've had a bit hunt around for one of these and found your item on Ebay but found similar ones on Amazon with a bit more information it says it should not be left on for continuous use only for 2hrs max so my spidey sense is tingling as a similar heater says it's 2000w if it's on a Japenese or American plug but 1500w if on a Uk plug :unsure:

I am going to err on the side of caution and stick with my Ehiem 300w aquarium heater it's a very good German brand I paid £35.00 for mine at a local shop but they are £32 on Amazon they come with a 3-year warranty so I can very easily get it exchanged if it develops a fault.

Back