Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many of You Have More Than 1 Website?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thank you.

If you want to do pressure washing at a residential level then whether people agree or not with this is not important to me, get the kit to do the job, spend the money, be ready to offer the service, commit yourself to the investment and then build the business around that commitment.

I never had the kit when I started but very quickly after starting I had everything I needed to not let the client down.

With your current set up you will find a way to make it work, if you want the extra service.

Don't be saying I can't fit a FSC in to the pick up because you can, I would cover the back seats and in it would go.

If I got a graffiti removal job with your set up the footwell would be plastic sheeted and the chemical would sit on that.

If you want it you will find a way.

Good luck

Thank you.

If you want to do pressure washing at a residential level then whether people agree or not with this is not important to me, get the kit to do the job, spend the money, be ready to offer the service, commit yourself to the investment and then build the business around that commitment.

I never had the kit when I started but very quickly after starting I had everything I needed to not let the client down.

With your current set up you will find a way to make it work, if you want the extra service.

Don't be saying I can't fit a FSC in to the pick up because you can, I would cover the back seats and in it would go.

If I got a graffiti removal job with your set up the footwell would be plastic sheeted and the chemical would sit on that.

If you want it you will find a way.

Good luck

I agree with you. I've settled on buying a trailer and have added my name to a waiting list for storage units near where i live. I think its the only realistic option. I know I could put a pressure washer in the back of my truck, but realistically do i want to be lifting it in and out when not in use?

The only sure fire way to do this I think is buy the gear and get the work. I'm probably looking around 3 - 4 K to get it set up I think.

One more thing....

Choosing a name. I know your site is nationwide, but if you were just doing residential work, would you use a local business name or a brand name?

example - Stoke Pressure Washing or Stoke Driveway Cleaning? or are they too limiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never bought a brand new machine.

My first four machines were these, bought cheaper than this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HILTA-YANMAR-ELECTRIC-START-DIESEL-PRESSURE-WASHER-2900-PSI-15-L-MIN/283469620163?hash=item42001b23c3:g:SlcAAOSwybdcyb0D

They are 100 kilo - I wouldn't want to lift one in & out of your pick up, you wouldn't get it in anyway but they are a Yanmar engine, 15LPM, you can put two together to give 30LPM in the future, if you want and you won't be able to break it.

Flow is a little low but a good start, ideally 21LPM would be better - you do not need to buy new!!

This'll clean anything for you and 1200, everything you need.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAIN-JETTER-DIESEL-TOWABLE/312861146036?hash=item48d7fa3bb4:g:ruMAAOSwxH1d2~xv

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is massive - you would need to fit a return to tank, too big to start off with.

Probably around 54LPM 

Ha Ha ok. I just seen the everything altogether. looks a good buy.

Is that something you work your way up to? That just looks perfect for what im looking for. A trailer, a pressure washer and a hose reel all in one. Its perfect. AND cheaper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just type in diesel pressure washers on ebay - there's another trailer mount further down at £510 at the moment, big rough but you can tidy them up - this ones probably a better buy because it has the lances and FSC.

over 30LPM is hard work, over 40 LPM is a massive physical workout, pressure washing with 54LPM would destroy your upper body but if you could cope with it you'd be JasonHenchD

Just type in diesel pressure washers on ebay - there's another trailer mount further down at £510 at the moment, big rough but you can tidy them up - this ones probably a better buy because it has the lances and FSC.

over 30LPM is hard work, over 40 LPM is a massive physical workout, pressure washing with 54LPM would destroy your upper body but if you could cope with it you'd be JasonHenchD

How do they use it if its too powerful? 

it's only an example, it wouldn't really work, it's only for drains where it feeds itself down the channel. If you put a reducer on it and returned some of the flow then you could have a 25 - 54LPM machine, so you could knock out the worst drain blockage ever.

That thing would clear concrete from a drain channel.

it's only an example, it wouldn't really work, it's only for drains where it feeds itself down the channel. If you put a reducer on it and returned some of the flow then you could have a 25 - 54LPM machine, so you could knock out the worst drain blockage ever.

That thing would clear concrete from a drain channel.

Wow that's impressive. Some serious power there. Were would i get a reducer? and how would i fit it?

If it were me I would ring a pressure washer servicing company and give them the link to the machine and tell them what you want to do.

If they said it could be done I would give them the job and expect a bill into the £100's.

It's not an effective way of buying what you need, others come up all the time.

What you would be doing is bypassing around 25 - 30LPM of water back to tank (pointless) on the hope you needed to use 54LPM at some point.

On residential you may need 25 -30LPM at the most, remember the water supply has to keep up with the machine or you will drain the tank then be waiting.

Wirral external cleaning - as has been said - it future proofs your service, shows you bigger than one service and you can work the website for a page for each service.

You just need to get on top and understand search terms and manipulating them within the website - sounds hard work but it isn't and should only take up ten minutes every three or four days.

Wirral external cleaning - as has been said - it future proofs your service, shows you bigger than one service and you can work the website for a page for each service.

You just need to get on top and understand search terms and manipulating them within the website - sounds hard work but it isn't and should only take up ten minutes every three or four days.

Thanks again...

I also had wirral power washing in mind...

But you can put & use that phrase in the website - Do you need it?

no I don't need that phrase, I'm just thinking of a brandable name that easily rolls of the tongue and is easy to remember. 

Your business is easy to remember and rolls of the tongue.

If you say each one out loud which one is the easiest to remember and say out loud....

I tend to overthink things like this  

Back