Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many of You Have More Than 1 Website?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's my last name hyphenated - fortunate!!

I agree about how the name is remembered is important, too long and people won't type it out or will forget it.

You aren't going to offer a national service, it is going to be regional, your region is the wirral, it will be a cleaning service within the boundary of the region (at least until you get established).

You're overcomplicating it.

Wirral Cleaning Services - just get it bought!

How old are you Jason?

If you passed your test after September 1997 you will only have 3.5 tonne on your license.

To tow a trailer you will have to take a trailer test to tow, whether that is a caravan, trailer or anything else.

I highlight this because when you're trying to back into a residential cul de sac with that and you haven't done it before you will go out of your mind with oversteer because it will have the turning circle of one of the Cunard line.

Nothing up with the set up but the machine is only 15LPM & it will not clean as effectively as other machines.

For that money I could put you a system together in a closed trailer, with machine and everything you need, pushing out at least 21LPM.

Wind O - I very nearly just bought it as well

How old are you Jason?

If you passed your test after September 1997 you will only have 3.5 tonne on your license.

To tow a trailer you will have to take a trailer test to tow, whether that is a caravan, trailer or anything else.

I highlight this because when you're trying to back into a residential cul de sac with that and you haven't done it before you will go out of your mind with oversteer because it will have the turning circle of one of the Cunard line.

Nothing up with the set up but the machine is only 15LPM & it will not clean as effectively as other machines.

For that money I could put you a system together in a closed trailer, with machine and everything you need, pushing out at least 21LPM.

Im 41....I passed my test in 2008 ?

So a trailer is out of the window unless I take a test?

I passed my test late 97 and when I needed trailers yes I did need to do one.

Remember the momentum - you want to offer the service, this has the potential to be the solution, pass your test and carry on!

I passed my test late 97 and when I needed trailers yes I did need to do one.

Ok....well unless i can put a rig in the back of my truck....I'm going to have to do a trailer test.

Why cant any of this be easy ha ha. 

So back to the drawing board. Its a good job you pointed that out! My insurance would have been void.

I visited the hospital for some results the other day, they weren't bad bad but there is a need to look at how I want to get through the next decade and some until retirement.

I could sit with my lot and carry on, feel sorry for myself and be a woe is me 'princess' or I can put stuff in place to make this period easier.

I'm going to invest now to build something that isn't a physical service. When I say invest that will be my time setting up two websites for completely separate services with a nominal investment on equipment. These are low cost set ups starting in the New Year to have time to build income by the time I hit mid 50's.

I'm investing now to make the future what I want it to be - can you see what I'm saying?

Is there another option??

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited the hospital for some results the other day, they weren't bad bad but there is a need to look at how I want to get through the next decade and some until retirement.

I could sit with my lot and carry on, feel sorry for myself and be a woe is me 'princess' or I can put stuff in place to make this period easier.

I'm going to invest now to build something that isn't a physical service. When I say invest that will be my time setting up two websites for completely separate services with a nominal investment on equipment. These are low cost set ups starting in the New Year to have time to build income by the time I hit mid 50's.

I'm investing now to make the future what I want it to be - can you see what I'm saying?

Do you mean your getting off the tools and working on a business instead of in it? 

I'm carrying on for the next couple of years but in that time putting two other services together, not cleaning related or physically demanding, that might not give me the same financial reward but will give an easier income.

From my perspective the investment cannot be wasted because I have a goal to achieve and if I don't make the effort it could have bigger consequences than being skint

If you were looking through my eyes, rather than yours, at setting up a pressure washing service I wouldn't be inhibited by set up costs, you can't change them, the trailer test is a cost (if you cannot see another way round it you have to pay it to achieve your goal), I can see where I need to be in 12 months time, in three years time and 5 years time.

Is there a difference between you and me - confidence, that's all.

I'm carrying on for the next couple of years but in that time putting two other services together, not cleaning related or physically demanding, that might not give me the same financial reward but will give an easier income.

From my perspective the investment cannot be wasted because I have a goal to achieve and if I don't make the effort it could have bigger consequences than being skint

If you were looking through my eyes, rather than yours, at setting up a pressure washing service I wouldn't be inhibited by set up costs, you can't change them, the trailer test is a cost (if you cannot see another way round it you have to pay it to achieve your goal), I can see where I need to be in 12 months time, in three years time and 5 years time.

Is there a difference between you and me - confidence, that's all.

I agree with you. I've already accepted the fact that if I don't find a way of not needing a trailer I am going to do the trailer test at an unexpected cost of about £500 - £600. I have no choice. If this is what I am going to be doing I have to do it.

I can't be lifting a 60 - 100 kg pressure washer in and out the back of my truck, my back wont thank for for it. unless I can get ramps that will go into the back of the truck...

I am curious to know what your new business are going to be. 

Im 41....I passed my test in 2008 ?

So a trailer is out of the window unless I take a test?

You shouldn’t need to take a separate test if passed in 2008 you have to take a test now if the trailer will be over 750  kg it’s just another way to get more money out of you !!!! I did my class one have when I was 21 now you have to do your class two first drive fir a couple of years on ridged  before you can take the now called c&e group for artics again it’s just a rip off 

You shouldn’t need to take a separate test if passed in 2008 you have to take a test now if the trailer will be over 750  kg it’s just another way to get more money out of you !!!! I did my class one have when I was 21 now you have to do your class two first drive fir a couple of years on ridged  before you can take the now called c&e group for artics again it’s just a rip off 

I think i read earlier - if the combined weight of the vehicle and the trailer exceeds 3500kg you have to take the trailer test.

here is an excerpt - 

"A full car licence already lets you tow trailers weighing no more than 750kg. You can also tow heavier trailers with a car as long as the total weight of vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg."

source - https://www.gov.uk/towing-rules

I think my truck is about 3 tons. That leaves 500 KG for a trailer? 

I think i read earlier - if the combined weight of the vehicle and the trailer exceeds 3500kg you have to take the trailer test.

here is an excerpt - 

"A full car licence already lets you tow trailers weighing no more than 750kg. You can also tow heavier trailers with a car as long as the total weight of vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg."

source - https://www.gov.uk/towing-rules

I think my truck is about 3 tons. That leaves 500 KG for a trailer? 

If you took your test before a certain date not sure what the date is that doesn’t apply , when I took my car test it let me drive up to 7:5 ton on a car licence . Have a look on the dvla site that should have some info ,or talk to a driving instructor they should know .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you took your test before a certain date not sure what the date is that doesn’t apply , when I took my car test it let me drive up to 7:5 ton on a car licence . Have a look on the dvla site that should have some info ,or talk to a driving instructor they should know .

I think this all came about when i showed a large trailer with a water bowser weighing over 1000 kgs.  if I stay away from a bowser type trailer i should be fine i think. I will still double check before i do anything though!

Interesting discussion this, I've learned a lot.

I knew there was something else to it when typing but because my set ups were always full and over 3.5 tonne it was written from a commercial perspective.

Without water you could do a set up under 3500 kilos but choose trailer carefully. 

Sorry for any confusion.

I knew there was something else to it when typing but because my set ups were always full and over 3.5 tonne it was written from a commercial perspective.

Without water you could do a set up under 3500 kilos but choose trailer carefully. 

Sorry for any confusion.

Your Back! Ha ha I thought you'd gone to bed ? 

No worries, I can see were the wires got crossed. When I showed you the water bowser trailer (wighing over 1000 kg's) that's when you quite rightly pointed out I would need a trailer test. And from there, I carried on thinking I needed a trailer test for all trailers.....that's were the confusion come in. 

But its ironed out now.

Thanks again

I just had my eye on these as well - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/880LB-1-8M-STEEL-LOADING-RAMPS-TRAILER-VAN-TRUCK-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-LAWN-MOWER/333268782945?hash=item4d985e0f61:g:VakAAOSw3YtdLciQ

to load pressure washer into back of truck...just another idea. Take the hose reel out and the plastic container and wheel the pressure washer into back? Definitely not lifting it !

20191127_104006.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back