Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many of You Have More Than 1 Website?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think i read earlier - if the combined weight of the vehicle and the trailer exceeds 3500kg you have to take the trailer test.

here is an excerpt - 

"A full car licence already lets you tow trailers weighing no more than 750kg. You can also tow heavier trailers with a car as long as the total weight of vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg."

source - https://www.gov.uk/towing-rules

I think my truck is about 3 tons. That leaves 500 KG for a trailer? 
A L200 weighs 2 ton, to pull a trailer I am certain you will need to do training and a test it's more about commercial motors and a truck is a LGV, you can hitch up almost anything to a car and be totally fine by the law, a 2 ton truck fully loaded with 1 ton and towing a trailer with whatever fully loaded is a serious amount of weight for an inexperienced driver so hence a change in law was brought

I did an off road course a few years ago and the same guy did towing training for trailers and caravans at that time my wife asked about us towing a caravan with our L200, my wife passed her test in 1999 and me in 2001 he said neither of us were able to tow without passing the test as we had both passed our tests after 1998 which I think he said was when the change came in.

A L200 weighs 2 ton, to pull a trailer I am certain you will need to do training and a test it's more about commercial motors and a truck is a LGV, you can hitch up almost anything to a car and be totally fine by the law, a 2 ton truck fully loaded with 1 ton and towing a trailer with whatever fully loaded is a serious amount of weight for an inexperienced driver so hence a change in law was brought

I did an off road course a few years ago and the same guy did towing training for trailers and caravans at that time my wife asked about us towing a caravan with our L200, my wife passed her test in 1999 and me in 2001 he said neither of us were able to tow without passing the test as we had both passed our tests after 1998 which I think he said was when the change came in.

Don't quote me on this but I think the L200 weighs 2850 KG.

I've had the Walkinshaw Performance so know the weights of the L200. 2800 is about right.

You have to include your weight, fuel weight, water tank, hoses & reels, weight of anything else carried in the pick up.

Then the weight of the bare trailer, then add the pressure washer, FSC, hoses, lances, top up fuel, other bits etc.

If you said 3000 total for the pick up then I've got no idea but can you get a trailer that weighs 100 kilos, 200 kilos, pressure washer 100 kilos, FSC, hoses (I measure high pressure hoses with water in them at 1 kilo per metre), 50 metres of supply hose - at whatever weight.

Going to be tight isn't it?

If you tow a trailer outside of 35 miles of your address, for commercial gain you also need a tachograph fitted.

DVLA are sh*t hot on this, don't think you'll get away with it because they will catch you.

I've had the Walkinshaw Performance so know the weights of the L200. 2800 is about right.

You have to include your weight, fuel weight, water tank, hoses & reels, weight of anything else carried in the pick up.

Then the weight of the bare trailer, then add the pressure washer, FSC, hoses, lances, top up fuel, other bits etc.

If you said 3000 total for the pick up then I've got no idea but can you get a trailer that weighs 100 kilos, 200 kilos, pressure washer 100 kilos, FSC, hoses (I measure high pressure hoses with water in them at 1 kilo per metre), 50 metres of supply hose - at whatever weight.

Going to be tight isn't it?

yes it is going to be tight. I've already inquired about trailer test near were i live and i'm still awaiting response. I think it costs between £500 - £600 from what i can gather to do trailer test.

This is the type of trailer i imagine i would need and guess what? It weighs 500 KG

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TICKNERS-CAMPING-BOX-TRAILER-5fT-x-5ft-x-3ft-from-Teds-Trailers-Liverpool/254191271291?hash=item3b2efafd7b:g:igYAAOSwb1Ncj6EO

ps I have no intentions of going out of my local area, I think my local area is a 26 mile radius....

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't quote me on this but I think the L200 weighs 2850 KG.
That is the gross vehicle weight including any permissible load, the truck weighs around 2000kg and has a payload of 1100kg, the 2850kg is taking into account the weight of fuel driver and passenger(s) check your V5 the details will be on there. 

That is the gross vehicle weight including any permissible load, the truck weighs around 2000kg and has a payload of 1100kg, the 2850kg is taking into account the weight of fuel driver and passenger(s) check your V5 the details will be on there. 

Hi, I will take a look thank you. That's good if that's the case....gives me more wiggle room!

To the original question:

You can have different websites but you will have to spend money to drive traffic to all of them and market them separately and hosting cost etc. Too expensive. 

Better option is to have one branded website like JohnCleaning.co.uk and then do the inner pages for pressure-washing and soft-washing and location

example:

johncleaning.co.uk/pressure-washing/Nottingham 

Rather then buying separate domain for it.

Latest Posts

Back