Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how much should I aim to earn per day as a wfp cleaner?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wfp is all i do, i only started being a windy in November. i was asking the OP how his customers were when he switched over.

explaining that the windows will dry naturally and smear free is something I've had to explain on some of my jobs
Ok. Strange post, thought from your post you were about to convert especially with throwing in Facebook stuff. It’s like anything you may get an odd one who is not happy to change over to wfp. But you will pick up more than you lose. Often people haven’t tried wfp they just say it, as well some wfp workers are shoddy. Then they say I’ve had it before and—- so then you can say well let me do them if they are not clean call me back within 24 hours. Never had anyone phone me back. Stick with it. You’ll do ok.  

The amount of work I've picked up in the last 11 years since I switched to WFP is amazing.....all with zero advertising(apart from a sign written van)...

Its BECAUSE I use WFP and im not a ladder monkey anymore......??
Nothing wrong with being a ladder monkey if that’s what one chooses. 

I'm definitely doing much better than when I was a trad and I feel like I need to improve my round by making it more compact somehow so I will do some canvassing tomorrow. 

I do feel like I'm getting faster already so I will be patient and see how it goes in the next few months. This is what I like about running a business, there are so many things you can do to improve your profits. I was thinking:

-DIY electric reel

-Make my round more compact

-Turn the water flow higher so it's faster

what else can i do?

-

I'm definitely doing much better than when I was a trad and I feel like I need to improve my round by making it more compact somehow so I will do some canvassing tomorrow. 

I do feel like I'm getting faster already so I will be patient and see how it goes in the next few months. This is what I like about running a business, there are so many things you can do to improve your profits. I was thinking:

-DIY electric reel

what else can i do?

-
Water flow can help but you need to adjust it to the speed you are working at if you get my meaning. i.e. too low flow and you will have to move brush slowly across window. Too high and you are wasting water.

What some people do is time themselves from pull up to pull away. Then they know if they change something and they get quicker or slower.

Think about the order that you clean, I assume you do tops at one side then bottoms then move to other side and do tops then bottom etc. i.e. limit the number of times you are extending and collapsing the pole.

Do you have a specific order of brush movements to clean a window? ie. do you say to top frame 2 passes, left side 2 passes etc........ or do you just random it?

Making your round more compact or getting more customers in close proximity will boost profits as time spent in van is not earning time.

-DIY electric reel

what else can i do?

-
Time and experience mate....it takes years...keep going!?

-DIY electric reel

what else can i do?

-
Makes sure getting best prices 

Back