Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Panto time....Oh yes I would :Image13:

I used a Vikan brush with fan jets in it.

@ Smurph, you wouldn't have got close enough to get at it and do a good enough job from the ground.

I use an old 35' hybrid pole but I only use the sections I need.

Most of the time it's stripped down to approx 22'.

Regarding brushes I prefer to use gardiner ones as found using a vikan brush is like waving a brick on a stick about. :Image13:

Tuffers - What type of brushes do you use on those poles for guttering and gables?

Smurf - What poles and brushes would you use for this job?

Reason for asking = I have bought a system which comes with hybrid poles & brushes etc but they are a tad heavy and awkward to use so i think i need to change them!

Thanks in advance

With respect I dread to think what you would be like on an awkward job Tuffers.

1. use a longer pole (only the sections you need)

2. don't use a vikan brick

3. use a pole assist when required

4. best clean plastics with hot water & ubik if required

5. finally clean windows & doors with pure

Job done :Image9:

@Smurph, so you would have reached the gable ends and the fascias and soffits from the ground? No you wouldn't have. So while I was up there I did the gutters etc from close quarters and did a much better job than a cowboy job from the ground /emoticons/tongue.png

Take another look at the pics and piece them together to make a whole picture.

Cowboys from the ground as you put it don't run the risk of braking tiles or slipping off wet roofs do they. :Image16:

And.... oh yes I can :Image13:

One example over a p shaped conservatory

View attachment 3590

You could use that method with a pole assist (ladder like that to take the weight of the pole) on both those Apex's too as I often do...Simples...

I'm not having a go Tuffers but us cowboy's that work from the ground as you put it have no choice sometimes as you will find out if not already.

That's why wfp method comes in very handy is it not? :Image9:

Not just the money risk of damaging there property,but also, u stand on a dodgey tile and it breaks off or comes loose, u slip of the roof, bye bye tuffers

I must be a weed, as no way could I hold a pole at that length with nothing to rest it on. I don't mind walking on roofs as long as the angle is right.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to this site but not to the job - some interesting stuff on here and a wide variation in prices charged!

Got this job to do - gutter clean out and gutter/fascia/soffit wash plus cons roof.

There is just enough room for a ladder down the side of the cons and all equipment has to come through the house.

Customer used to do the job himself standing on the tiled roof.

Based on the previous posts how would you do this job?

View attachment 2100

Welcome gutter goblin...

Have you got any pics to upload so we can see?

Edited your post I see. Thanks...

As you're not new to the job how would you go about doing that one?

Only issue on that one I could see is maybe access through the house might be limited to get a normal ladder through as a guittervac and wfp kit should be no real problem.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to this site but not to the job - some interesting stuff on here and a wide variation in prices charged!

Got this job to do - gutter clean out and gutter/fascia/soffit wash plus cons roof.

There is just enough room for a ladder down the side of the cons and all equipment has to come through the house.

Customer used to do the job himself standing on the tiled roof.

Based on the previous posts how would you do this job?

Back