Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ino i was thinking that tuffers mate, i duno though i reckon i could handle it but it would be fair tough, what other option is there though

Yep it's just that simple Andy as you just use the ladder as a fulcrum with any ladder set at the right height.

Just make sure it doesn't fall off the ladder or you could end up in big trouble. :Image13:

Smurf

Do you have any examples of where you have used the ladder as a Pole Assist please?

Also, Aren't gutter vacs supplied with lightweight poles as standard??

Vinny

Most cheap guttervac pole being sold get really heavy on acute angle. Even my omni aerospace grade poles without a pole assist I've found can be a nightmare when using on acute angles at a long reach.

Hence why I came up with the idea to use a ladder as a pole assist to take the weight off the pole. That way not only did I find the pole easier to control and less stress on my body it also saves damaging say plastic gutters etc on conservatory roofs when tempted to use that instead.

In this example I set the ladder up so could clear the whole gutter run from that one position with my guttervac. Then used it again still in the same position to wfp the outside of the guttering, fascia and soffit. Simples.

View attachment 3601

View attachment 3602

May I add that one was an easy job compared to others I do but you get the general idea how the pole assist can be used.

Hope this helps?

Like I mentioned before Tuffers

I use an old 35' hybrid pole but only use the sections I need.

Most of the time it's stripped down to approx 22'.

Ah my bad. While you're on, what would you use to get oil off tarmac? I kinda spilt some on my drive last night. Virosol didn't shift it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Good luck with that one Tuffers :Image13:

Ah my bad. While you're on, what would you use to get oil off tarmac? I kinda spilt some on my drive last night. Virosol didn't shift it /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was thinking of using rollers so to not damage my wfp's as constant rubbing of sections on a ladder does a wfp no good at all.

Good shout smurf, i reckon the top of the ladder would be enough

Yea good call bud, just on the top step... Ull have to let me no ow u get on with that smurf as i will probably want to mimic it.... As i have with the beast ladder setup hehehe

Will do Andy if I ever get time to have a play....

Anyhow what do you think of the ankalad & mirolite standoff - have you got it all setup and used it yet?

Yea good call bud, just on the top step... Ull have to let me no ow u get on with that smurf as i will probably want to mimic it.... As i have with the beast ladder setup hehehe

Back