Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Most cheap guttervac pole being sold get really heavy on acute angle. Even my omni aerospace grade poles without a pole assist I've found can be a nightmare when using on acute angles at a long reach.

Hence why I came up with the idea to use a ladder as a pole assist to take the weight off the pole. That way not only did I find the pole easier to control and less stress on my body it also saves damaging say plastic gutters etc on conservatory roofs when tempted to use that instead.

In this example I set the ladder up so could clear the whole gutter run from that one position with my guttervac. Then used it again still in the same position to wfp the outside of the guttering, fascia and soffit. Simples.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_5162.JPG

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG_5164.JPG

May I add that one was an easy job compared to others I do but you get the general idea how the pole assist can be used.

Hope this helps?

at the top of your gutter pole is the pole round (the part that sucks u the **** out of the gutters or is it a bit like a crevice tool shape? As some tiles over hang and I can't get my pole in the gutter sometimes because of the tiles

Nice one Andy...

Now just don't go falling of it or even that ladder will not be long enough to where you could end up going :Image9:

I have different size/shape nozzles Neil but still on some jobs they do not fit. Then it's a case of a hand job that is if I can set the ladder up safely.

Very last resort is too blast the **** out like this :Image13:

I rigged a fishing harness to take some of the weight of the vac poles when over a big conservatory. Bit awkward at the start, but got used to it (bottom of the pole between the legs). Just helps the arms a bit!

Novel idea there… :Image9:

But surely wearing a fishing harness that can't work very well compared to using a ladder setup as a pole assist?

Just popped back home to refull with pure as I'm halfway threw that job.

Well thats part an excuss I gave as wanted to sort my thumb out as I trapped it in telescopic guttervac poles when I was adjusting the clamps to a shorter length.

In hindsight was not a wise idea methinks to have the pole vertical when trying to adjust it :Image5:

Now where did I put those ice cubes :Image13:

Minor scratches cheap to replace anyway rnt they,

Everytime i see your pic tuffers it reminds me of when i was a kid watching it at mi mates, what the hell is it called again that? Angry kid or somethin like that

Thanks Andy...

Customer was very happy with the results which was the main thing but to be honest I did struggle after hurting me thumb :Image13:

Novel idea there… :Image9:

But surely wearing a fishing harness that can't work very well compared to using a ladder setup as a pole assist?
Means I can shuffle along without having to stop, shift ladder & set up again.

Back