Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting Rid Of My Trad Customers.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Been trimming out the trad customers in jan.

Just got rid of the last one. Only trad will be keeping now are pubs and commercial.

We was left with about 10 houses when we converted to wfp. They never liked the system, so we kept on as trad. Thing is every trad customer had problems with windows. That's why they didnt like the system.

So happy means the ladders will come off only for access.

Been passing the work onto a lad. He is mega happy /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's a good sign when you can drop customers and great to see wfp and trad co existing at a happy medium better still if he passes one or two back to you not a luxury I expect when I get started but a point I would like to get to

It's was a real shame and most customers

Understood the situation.

When you do 7 terraced houses and one in trad

It's a pain. Is not their fault the windows won't pole.

He passes us leads on pest control. So it's all good.

I have done the same. I am no longer use to climbing ladders so the last time I was on a ladder I felt a little bit scared. I was only up about 20ft. Funny how we get use to things.

Doesnt matter then lol, thought you had a few wfp vans and a trad van...
Ahhh no. Only got wfp vans. Not got just a trad van.

If a round come up for say £1500 PCM I would be tempted to buy a small van and put a chap in it. That's assuming its trad and not wfp. But tbh i don't really want to do that.

Wfp has made me very lazy /emoticons/sad.png

Most of my old trad customers that where hard to pole due to flaky paint work or those metal frames, gradually got their windows sorted. Ones that refused to be wfp and I couldn't see a reason why to continue trad I got rid. Now the ladders rarely come on with me its great be ladder less

Trad is a dieing breed now i do nothing trad only internal stuff i get the occasional customer that prefers trad but its hey use wfp or find another windy .

Not getting a dig at any trad cleaners but trad has being tarnished by all the beer money wanna be cleaners who dont clean frames or corners of glass and leave ladder damage all over peoples lawns and 1st floor gutters. Wfp all the way for my company .

Have to admit like most started the trad way until I met another window cleaner who shouted at me stretching at the top of the ladder.

"There's a better way!".

Since then gone from the old landie and ladders to poles and gutter vac, won't go back and just say sorry don't do trad way - offer free clean to see if they like the pole get about 80% take up rate and the other 20% just want it for free!!

Not for everyone, however variety is the spice of life.... /emoticons/wink.png

Love trad. Won't change unless I have to. Agree it's been tarnished a bit by the beer swingers but wfp also has a bad name from all the merchants that don't do it properly & leave marks. I would say its 60% trad to 40% wfp round ere so its not dying here. Yet!

trad has had a bashing but i know loads of people who dont want WFP they think its not cleaning them lol i want to go half and half

trad has had a bashing but i know loads of people who dont want WFP they think its not cleaning them lol i want to go half and half
what you thinking ak tops wfp and bottoms trad as most people consider gnd floor windows most important

what you thinking ak tops wfp and bottoms trad as most people consider gnd floor windows most important
yes mate bang on got some awkward houses and too risky on ladders poo me sen every time but still do em lol but yeah thats me plan mate

I'm considering starting to do wfp everything.. We are doing wfp tops trad bottoms and it's just a bit of a muddle sometimes.. Even all the bungalows I'd like to change to wfp. I'm just fed up scrimming and getting stinking hands.. Also enjoy not climbing a ladder upto 100 times a day! There is always a need for ladders for some jobs so I'll always have them on the van.. The pole is t able to reach every window, just like ladders cant.. So really it's best to have both on standby.

i do wfp upstairs and trad downstairs.

works great for me as i have some one working with me most of the time.

i carry 300letres and that last about 6/7 hours .

i do enjoy getting blade out like. also some bungalows quicker doing then traditional.

and kept 90% of customers when i swopt over 3years ago.

Back