Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leafletting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i couldnt trust our local paper boy, he would burn them lol. best to do this yaself. i just got back from 2 hours leafletting and i managed to get rid of just over 500. its more tiring than actually cleaning the windows.

dress smart were a top with your company name or that says window cleaner on the back and go stand in the town centre/ high street on a Saturday handing them out I know its shotgun advertising but when youre starting out every little helps I still do this now and then with my gutter leaflets and does me ok
dont u need a license to go in town handing leaflets out ?

dress smart were a top with your company name or that says window cleaner on the back and go stand in the town centre/ high street on a Saturday handing them out I know its shotgun advertising but when youre starting out every little helps I still do this now and then with my gutter leaflets and does me ok

dont u need a license to go in town handing leaflets out ?

I checked this with my local council, and you don't need any license or permission, but you must go pick up the majority of leaflets that are thrown on the floor, if they think u left too many, they will charge for clearing up

i once went to homebase and dropped some business cards on the window cleaning section :lol: got a call, not the call i wanted tho. was homebase saying dont do it again.

Hope you asked if they wanted a free quote during the phone call and you also mentioned that all staff members can get a special discount too if your leaflet is placed on staff notice boards :rolleyes:

i once went to homebase and dropped some business cards on the window cleaning section :lol: got a call, not the call i wanted tho. was homebase saying dont do it again.
Thats sumthing id do lol

was thinking of trying sainsburys, putting it on the cleaning section or make it look like some cards fell out my pocket to the floor. phone boxes isnt a good idea, id prob get arrested or something. i might pop some in letterboxes. as i got 3000 left.

Lol drop em in sainsburys ......brilliant lol

I just dropped a fair few on ma lunch, plant to drop the whole estate by Tuesday and then start knocking them /emoticons/smile.png

Depending on The baby lol. Would be awesome as they are terrace houses and I know it well and never seen a windy there as its a fairly tucked away estate, so I'm hopping lol

I was food shopping in a big sainsburys and i happened to take my van i had leaflets too, as you go in to this sainsburys it has a dining table and a bit of furniture at the entrance which marks and spencers sell as they are based next to sainsburys, i pulled out around 300 leaflets and got 4 calls lol never know a lot of people hold on to the leaflets and ring you up a couple months later

when i started out i was desperate for customers so i done a flier that said any home £6.50, noob mistake. any home means 1-6 bedroom and this sucker got a call from someone who had a 5 bedroom house with a massive conny on the bk of it. this was a year after i started out aswell. never got the job because they were noob prices, now i try to go look at a job. i do however have a flier that says i will clean your house for £ and i fill this part in as i go. i get to an estate and put 10 quid on them if there tenner homes. i got 2 customers today from these fliers i dropped yesterday which is pretty cool. in small print on the bottom it says excludes conservatories and sunrooms.

. i get to an estate and put 10 quid on them if there tenner homes. i got 2 customers today from these fliers i dropped yesterday which is pretty cool. in small print on the bottom it says excludes conservatories and sunrooms.
I did have these fliers too, but I think I over complicated them, looking at getting new fliers soon.

keep em simple G

but i always put at the bottom of mine no one off cleans,i hate them and only do them as a rare one off if the house is worth £15 or over witch most are not lol.

all i have on mine is windows & gutters,phone number and monthly cleans,if im at someones house i can talk them into power washing no need to put it on flyer.

if i get emails from my website its always snobs with there barn conversions and there untreated wooden frames. its a one off aswell and they want it done NOWWWW. i say its 3 times standard rate and they go mental lol. i cant stand one offs, im trying to build a compact round that will put food on my table and a porsche in my garage lol

true mate how can you build a business of one off cleans i think its a insult me when they just want it doing really winds me up.i come across allot of it with people they dont like it when i say dont do one offs,also i dont clean frames till after the second clean and they have paid/been with me 2 months some cancel straight after i wised up to that lol

people annoy me when you tell them a price for 4 weekly, say £10 and they say oh how about a one off and i say £35. they get all funny and so do i coz they normally say ill have the one off twice a year. thats why i stopped doing it. facebook is your friend, just add every business in the area and then post you got a winter discount going. sometimes you get interest from ppl who work at that business.

My leaflets have got a blank £..................... aprox quote for your property right at the top

Works wonders as I price by area and know that if someone fones from say one of the biggest estates up here (all £15) then I know the exact price and it wont go any lower.

Thats a good estate that one over 2000 houses and 2 windys one of which is me and the other is a clown so hey ho /emoticons/smile.png

Ill be getting new leaflets in 2,3 months ill be getting 20,000 and they will be designed very good by me

I dropped for 3.5 hrs last week and had 1 call .
Last week means nothing, people often don't reply for months, even years sometimes. With leaflets you have to treat it as an on going thing deliver 20,000 and then see how many calls you get. Then do the same houses all over again every six months.

Latest Posts

Back