Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leafletting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just done loads of houses an actually saw the bloody window cleaner lol, had a minor disagreement untill we got

Talking, he recons he does 2 out of every 10 houses. But he doesn't want to knock or leaflet. I said ill give em a go, he wasn't that happy but then he doesn't really have the time to do them anyway (and to be honest I'm a newbie and recon I do a better job lol)

But in the end all good, he's been doing the area for 19 years /emoticons/ohmy.png, he does look a bit worse for wear though lol

mate business is business, as long as it earns you cash and puts food on ya table i say stuff the rest. i just had to lower my quote by a quid today to undercut another cleaner in the area, and i landed her gutters aswell at the same time. HAPPY days. i said if she gets me 6 customers and they stop for min 3 cleans then ill give her a sainsburys voucher lol, i think it worked a treat coz on her facebook page ( where i gained the job ) shes put anyone want a window cleaner, i know a cheap one.

Lol nice one mate, just gota do about another 2-3 days leafleting (1hr per day) and I should have the whole estate covered lol, ready to start knocking lol

so you ditch leaflets then you knock. i noticed something today, when i dropped those leaflets most the windows looked nice and clean, but there front door was green and manky, so either they do there own windows or there window cleaner does trad and never cleans there front door. I always give the front door as a freebie as ppl love something for free. gotta make them think there getting stuff for free.

do you ever get any nasty people and what do you say? ive not had much really from the leaflets i chucked about this week.

I'm new to the game mate, I'm doing it this way based on a bit of private studying I done.

The idea is they get the leaflet and remember my name, but they put it down n forget about it, I then knock a week it whatever later and say hi I'm Dave from blah blah and they go ooooo yer (remembering my company name but they not sure where from) and then that gives them a bit of extra trust, plus subconsciously they been thinking about it and your there right now so then they are a bit more likely to get it sorted

Duno if that makes any sense but does to me lol.

With nasty people just apologies and walk away, not worth sweating it

What I do which works well is b4 I start cleaning a house I leaflet the road saying I'm just about to clean your neighbours windows why not have yours cleaned and join my 6 weekly round. I'm here for the next hour pop out for a chat or call me on 07515....... Waste of time leafleting random areas this way they can see your set up and most important you.

Ask your local paper boy to take some round with him. When he puts a newspaper through the door' date=' he slips a leaflet too. Almost no work for him so you could pay him less!![/quote']Great Idea. You could pop in to your local shop and ask the owner if the paperboy/girl can post your flyers too, pay them £10... It's no skin of the shop owners nose.

Just done loads of houses an actually saw the bloody window cleaner lol, had a minor disagreement untill we gotTalking, he recons he does 2 out of every 10 houses. But he doesn't want to knock or leaflet. I said ill give em a go, he wasn't that happy but then he doesn't really have the time to do them anyway (and to be honest I'm a newbie and recon I do a better job lol)

But in the end all good, he's been doing the area for 19 years /emoticons/ohmy.png, he does look a bit worse for wear though lol
This is what annoys me with some other window cleaners. They don't own streets, we can knock and ask whom ever we want. I tell them straight.

when i started up i got told not to touch his customers he does this village. i said theres no such thing as patches MATE, so i can go where i want. if they do a good job they got no need to worry really av they.

this time of year you will get people saying yes and then about march they will say "Oh my old window cleaner has turned up again so we won't be needing you" Thats when I say "Yes I had heard he was out of prison again, How long do you think he will last this time?"

The popular wisdom now is to move away from expensive leaflets and just deliver cards. You can get 12,000 for £99 at www.arborealprint.co.uk. Then just go out and stuff them through every letter box for miles.

Cards don't work any better than leaflets but they don't work any worse either. Its sheer volume that counts. If they want a window cleaner they will call you whatever you stick through the door but a fancy leaflet is not going to change their mind if they don't.

On "another forum" there were a couple of guys who thought they were marketing gurus and talked a load of twaddle about 'killer leaflets' and how they got better results than anyone else in the whole world but I was totally unconvinced and I noticed they didn't last long.

My basic belief is this, you get a decent but cheap card and on it you put basically your name, WINDOW CLEANER and your home phone number, having your name and a home number makes a lot of difference, (no name and a mobile number makes you look dodgy). Its enough, you don't need any more. Fancy leaflets are just BS.

Then get out there and deliver thousands and thousands of them. Buy a map of your town and colour in each road as you deliver to it. Then, like painting the Forth road bridge start all over again from the beginning.and deliver to all the addresses again, and again after that.

If you are in this business for the long term then take a long term view of your advertising. You just set yourself a realistic target 500 a week, every Sunday or whatever and you stick at it.

I have been in this business a long time off and on. I have always used leaflets. I have used them to build other businesses as well. I have knocked but you can't cover a lot of houses that way. Also I have found that a lot of the people who say yes to you on the doorstep are just saying it on the spur of the moment and lose interest later. If they take the trouble to phone you they are at least serious about it.

The popular wisdom now is to move away from expensive leaflets and just deliver cards. You can get 12' date='000 for £99 at www.arborealprint.co.uk. Then just go out and stuff them through every letter box for miles.
Cards don't work any better than leaflets but they don't work any worse either. Its sheer volume that counts. If they want a window cleaner they will call you whatever you stick through the door but a fancy leaflet is not going to change their mind if they don't.

On "another forum" there were a couple of guys who thought they were marketing gurus and talked a load of twaddle about 'killer leaflets' and how they got better results than anyone else in the whole world but I was totally unconvinced and I noticed they didn't last long.

My basic belief is this, you get a decent but cheap card and on it you put basically your name, WINDOW CLEANER and your home phone number, having your name and a home number makes a lot of difference, (no name and a mobile number makes you look dodgy). Its enough, you don't need any more. Fancy leaflets are just BS.

Then get out there and deliver thousands and thousands of them. Buy a map of your town and colour in each road as you deliver to it. Then, like painting the Forth road bridge start all over again from the beginning.and deliver to all the addresses again, and again after that.

If you are in this business for the long term then take a long term view of your advertising. You just set yourself a realistic target 500 a week, every Sunday or whatever and you stick at it.

I have been in this business a long time off and on. I have always used leaflets. I have used them to build other businesses as well. I have knocked but you can't cover a lot of houses that way. Also I have found that a lot of the people who say yes to you on the doorstep are just saying it on the spur of the moment and lose interest later. If they take the trouble to phone you they are at least serious about it.
i agree with u ... but i still think a nice designed flyer can havea more positive effect /emoticons/smile.png

The popular wisdom now is to move away from expensive leaflets and just deliver cards. You can get 12,000 for £99 at www.arborealprint.co.uk. Then just go out and stuff them through every letter box for miles.

I agree with you an extent, however if I see a leaflet or a business card on the floor, I bin it, if I see something that resembles a delivery note, ill pick it up and read.....

However I don't think you should spend loads of money on a flyer, just self print them, 4 to a a4 and job done, keep it fairly simple with basic facts.

When we used to deliver leaflets for building work we typed up a short letter saying a bit about us and what we do and posted that with it. Seemed to have much better results than just flyer. I know I would be much more likely to read a letter than a leaflet as its more out of the ordinary to what U normally get

Latest Posts

Back