Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lock down until next year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is a situation i am currently facing as a WC believe it or not. Motor is fubar and I can't find a suitable replacement. Decided to look at vans.. those have all dried up too. Before lockdown there were a few about but getting to them was difficult due to my partners working patterns but just as there was hope the lockdown came about. Now all the vans have completely gone and i still can't find a suitable car (hatchback) either.

Meanwhile i'm now losing WC jobs. I'm screwed. Had enough now, struggle to tolerate life most days but now i really can't cope anymore. Just thought i had a glimmer of hope of rebuilding my life from the ashes and now i'm back to square -6. I really have had enough now and just want to give up.
Sorry to see you're having a bad time of it.

Just buy any old shed of a car for couple hundred quid and run it into the ground.

Will keep you working.

Wheels are wheels at end of the day.

This is a situation i am currently facing as a WC believe it or not. Motor is fubar and I can't find a suitable replacement. Decided to look at vans.. those have all dried up too. Before lockdown there were a few about but getting to them was difficult due to my partners working patterns but just as there was hope the lockdown came about. Now all the vans have completely gone and i still can't find a suitable car (hatchback) either.

Meanwhile i'm now losing WC jobs. I'm screwed. Had enough now, struggle to tolerate life most days but now i really can't cope anymore. Just thought i had a glimmer of hope of rebuilding my life from the ashes and now i'm back to square -6. I really have had enough now and just want to give up.
As Dave says mate, get a cheap car, put a cheap roof rack on it and you’re away.

It is a horrible time for sure. Picture yourself further down the line when this horrible time is over. Best of luck to you

I really have had enough now and just want to give up.
Tango - a favourite poem - the encouragement it contains we all need from time to time....

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow–
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out–
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit–
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

It's a long shot - but it's worth posting on here if there's anyone furloughed or self isolating/not working near you on 'planet dirt' ? who might consider lending you a/their van - either free or even for a 'rental' for a littlewhile - must be a few vans' sat idle at the mo?? Have you looked at the new Gov backed loans/schemes  or any of the banks prepared to lend to just get you something… Can you post a 'message in a bottle' sending out an s.o.s on Fb etc? Or let all custys know the issue and get a job to tide you over until you can source a van/donkey etc ? ?

You need a plan pal - start a list of all the possible options (no matter how 'bizarre') and get going until one idea works or start to fall into place - "So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit– It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit!"

We're all rooting for you mate!

Last edited by a moderator:
chin up tango.....i remember many years ago an engine blew up on an old car i had(not for the first time either!)..so i bought a car off my neighbour for £90(an old ford sierra)...i put an old roof rack on it and it lasted about 8 months...i was trad back then though but it got me out of a tight spot.....

Back