Looking for a good pressure washer

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Roy, Jul 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Roy

Roy Active Member

Anyone know where you can get a good pressure washer which is affordable an can handle doing things like driveways, cladding, an other odd jobs?

What sort of psi should I be looking for around 3000psi would be okay right?

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Jetmac is your best bet for price vs quality, you want to look at the Loncin models,

If your just using it as an add on service then you'll need 15lpm and 3000psi,

or you could get the 12lpm 3000psi, but it will take longer to do the jobs, but the upside is its half as light as the 15lpm machine and a lot smaller, which is sometimes very welcome, cos they are VERY heavy!!

Also the 15lpm drinks petrol like a fish - however it is much faster at cleaning patios and driveways than the 12lpm.

So it all depends how often you think you'll be using it?

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Ben Marriott on here mate
    He owns Rutland pumps I got a Honda gx390 of him and it eats driveways he very reasonable mate

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i started of with a 12 lpm and soon realised that it was way to slow , as said a minium of 15 lpm is needed or if you can afford get a 21lpm even better .you can try watch out on ebay or qwashers and ben marriot get good reviews on the forums

5. Roy

Roy Active Member

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Yep that would be ideal, that's the one i have, well mines about 5 years old! Still going strong though!

Yeah there all heavy, you'll need ramps to get it in the van !

7. mr shine

mr shine Guru

he has a 21lpm loncin for 980 which for domestic jobs is a better buy imo .

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I'd go for a Honda over that mate for that price
    Like said Ben Marriott will sort you summat
    Mine wasn't much more but had a Honda engine reduction gearbox and inter pump return to tank feed and 2 guns

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Bens are normally really expensive, otherwise I'd buy one,

The 21 lpm Loncin is a good price and would be great as a first pressure washer, bens 21lpm PW on his website is over 2k :eek:

All the jetmac ones are return to tank and reduction belt or gearbox, so not a lot In it, my Loncin is still running sound after 5 years heavy use,

But I'd choose a Rutland pumps one anytime if I had the dough to splash out!

10. mr shine

mr shine Guru

same here my loncin has been very reliable after 4 years, the loncin is a copy of the honda engine so any spares you need you can use honda parts which are easy to pick up . if you cant afford the honda now you could always upgrade to a honda engine down the road . as far as i remember terry in jetmac gives a 2 year warrnty with the loncin .

Advertisement