Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sjh2812

Good morning,

I am hoping for some advice from you.

I am looking to start a window cleaning business and other services in the area I live which is Dalton in Furness in Cumbria. There is a lack of window cleaners in my area and I see this is a good opportunity. The question I have is, is it worth starting a business and having someone to run it for me?. I am an agricultural engineer and work abroad. I have 20k to invest in equipment, van, training, PPE and marketing but I would like someone to run it for me and do the tasks in the area.
With your expertise and knowledge, do you believe this is feasible or it is not worth it?. This is something I would really like to do as I see a space in the market for what I could offer. But if the margins are not there, then I will not do it.

Your assistance and opinion here would be appreciated.

I would guess to get someone to build a business and run it for you that you would have pay a very decent salary and with a £20K budget you would be very short. It takes time to build customers unless you pay a canvassing company then you will get very variable work at a high cost. I'm not saying it can't be done just it will cost you a lot more than £20k.

Resentment will start creeping into the worker and what's stated above in the post will happen.

I've always said, a new window cleaner chapping my doors isn't a threat to me at all. The worker who does the same part of the run everytime on the other hand could take 95% of it if he went round chapping it.

Latest Posts

Back