Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low Sun Window Cleaning!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James 44 I bloody love you it was like blading air this is a must buy for all traditional windys , ecover and flash brilliant
Glad you liked it /emoticons/smile.png just dont tell your local windies /emoticons/biggrin.png

James I tried this thinking it would maybe give a hand with tough dirt , but bloody hell it does that and more , it does not even feel like you are in contact with the glass it's just so easy .

I am well impressed with this & it will never be out my bucket, try it and see what you got to loose £2.30 for a litre .

I got the missus to get me some on her way home tonight...but I haven't got any work on until Tuesday so, it'll have to wait.

I just use a black bucket at the moment and only fill it about a third full as I don't have many houses so....how much should I put in....a capfull ?

I got the missus to get me some on her way home tonight...but I haven't got any work on until Tuesday so, it'll have to wait.
I just use a black bucket at the moment and only fill it about a third full as I don't have many houses so....how much should I put in....a capfull ?
Stick to the mix 6/7ltrs of water 2 capfulls of flash + your soap!

If you are not working until tues try it out on your own windows tomorrow!

Yea, I saw the two caps to 6-7 litres in your original post but, rather than getting the jugs out and measuring, I hoped for a simple esitmate /emoticons/smile.png

I like to just wash n go, I haven't got time for maths /emoticons/wink.png

Yea, I saw the two caps to 6-7 litres in your original post but, rather than getting the jugs out and measuring, I hoped for a simple esitmate /emoticons/smile.png
I like to just wash n go, I haven't got time for maths /emoticons/wink.png
There's just no hope for some people :rolleyes:.

Two cap-fulls to 6-7ltr of water.........how much more simpler do you want.......even I can work that one out all by myself /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png .

There's just no hope for some people :rolleyes:.Two cap-fulls to 6-7ltr of water.........how much more simpler do you want.......even I can work that one out all by myself /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png .
...and why two capfulls then rather than the exact measurement in millimetres, being as we're talking measures ?If you can talk a cap full...you can talk a bucket full.

The point I was making is, I use a plain old bucket...no little measures on the side of it....I just pour hot water into it until about a third full and have no idea how much, in litres, that is. I could get the measuring jug out and measure exactly but, I was hoping someone with more experience could just say...'yea about a capful mate'.

It really isn't that hard or even, that important. I just thought it was something I could ask at 1am in the morning whilst on a forum without, having to wake the house up by emptying the kitchen cupboards to find a jug and begin carefully pouring measured water into my bucket to find out.

Next time someone ask's....how much would you charge for this house we can simply reply with....'look mate, you've been told a pound a window...work it out for yourself'.

Mart.

...and why two capfulls then rather than the exact measurement in millimetres, being as we're talking measures ?If you can talk a cap full...you can talk a bucket full.
A 'capfull' (some big, some small) is what manufacturers use as a measurement for diluting their products (25ml/50ml etc) to various amounts of liquid depending on the strength the user requires. It will state dilution ratios on the label.

The point I was making is, I use a plain old bucket...no little measures on the side of it....I just pour hot water into it until about a third full and have no idea how much, in litres, that is. I could get the measuring jug out and measure exactly but, I was hoping someone with more experience could just say...'yea about a capful mate'.It really isn't that hard or even, that important. I just thought it was something I could ask at 1am in the morning whilst on a forum without, having to wake the house up by emptying the kitchen cupboards to find a jug and begin carefully pouring measured water into my bucket to find out.
Your not realy making any point though...are you.

If you have no idea on the amount of water in your bucket, how do you expect any one else to.

You don't have to go emptying kitchen cupboards looking for a measuring jug.....an old 2ltr plastic milk carton will suffice...just fill it up 3 times = 6ltr.

The dilution ratios by manufacturers for consumer products are a recommendation, they don't have to be exact

Sooo, next time you fill your bucket.....

Water 3 x 2ltr = 6ltr + 2 capfulls of product.....how hard is that.

Your not realy making any point though...are you.If you have no idea on the amount of water in your bucket, how do you expect any one else to.

You don't have to go emptying kitchen cupboards looking for a measuring jug.....an old 2ltr plastic milk carton will suffice...just fill it up 3 times = 6ltr.

The dilution ratios by manufacturers for consumer products are a recommendation, they don't have to be exact

Sooo, next time you fill your bucket.....

Water 3 x 2ltr = 6ltr + 2 capfulls of product.....how hard is that.
I don't have any plastic milk cartons...traditionally, I use a milkman. So, surely it would be easier for me to just dig out a jug from the kitchen cupboard than it would be to get in the car at 1am, wake up the neighbours now besides the missus, drive to a 24/7, buy two litres of milk, return home, either drink or pour the milk away and then begin my careful measuring. Hmm....I wonder if I could use an empty milk bottle instead....I think a pint is just over half a litre isn't it.
Btw, according to the dilute instructions on the back of the bottle, it's not 2 capfulls to 6-7 litres at all....it's 2 caps to 5 litres so, someone's maths have gone wrong somewhere.

Tell you what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna take the product back to the shop and tell um to stick it as their instructions are far too complicated.

Mart.

Back