Monthly or Weekly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SPCleaning, Jul 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I normally work in weeks. 4, 6 weekly or 12 weekly, but I have noticed that many of you are talking about monthly or 2 monthly visits.

Is there an advantage one way or the other?

Just interested.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

4,6,8,12 and 16 for me. Only one is 16 weekly and about 6 are 12 weekly. About 10 are 6 weekly which is a bit of a pain.

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I was doing this. Whatever they wanted. After a while it started to get complicated. I had George software and that wasn't working for me after I got behind. It felt like I was always chasing my tail. So I went to an excel spreadsheet which gives me better control.

I want simple so I have slipped everything into 6 or 12 weeks. I just wondered if going monthly, 2 monthly, 3 monthly etc would work better.

4. cheapncheerful

#4 cheapncheerful, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    me got lots of dodgy custys so I dont want to see them so often....

I mean one has been that long since I have been that I m scared to call

so I would like to do what I usually do ...check the state of the windows whilst no one is in but...

always in....

so I will have to bite the bullet...talk ...yes he can talk...very nice ... but talk aint cheap it costs me money..

I do have a regular...twice a year bungalow..

but she did say you do such a lovely job..

and hey....its a bottle of wine at xmas...

and....of course I dont need ladders..

so some jobs work long term..

for me...it means I can effectivly have more work than I can really handle...but...

if the bills come in ....I can up my pace..

the trouble is at the mo....I keep saying oh yes two weeks and I will be straight

well honest really two weeks and I will be straight ...

and then I may go hunting out the lost and wounded amongst my tribe..

yes the one on the main road where I nearly got squashed by a juggernaught..

Im really too scared to go there ,

well you have to wait for the traffic lights to stop the traffic ...

and then step on the gas right up to the drive ...drop down to 10mph and see if my parking spot is free...

if it isnt....well theres no room anywhere to park...

and as for getting out..

yeh think I will leave that for now..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  5. Rahul

Rahul Newcomer

Months vary so you won't get a solid schedule working that way. I work weekly but the only jobs I do monthly are a few commercial jobs on the first week of the month.

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

In theory I do monthly, 6 weekly and a few at 2 monthly........but I am always behind and constantly fire fighting, so its all a bit tits up!

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

28 days and 56 days that way i know where i am, but new at it and not a full schedule of customers so not much trial and error on my part yet.

8. Posh

Posh Hero

My 2 monthly is August 16 to October 16. Find that gives me a bit of leeway. 6 weekly is 6 weekly but I'm always late.

9. lou

lou Active Member

I started at monthly & bi monthly,got a couple of quartley, but now push the residential monthly, at a fair (good) price. Keeps it alot easier on the round management.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

10. cheapncheerful

so as I say my monthly is all done the first week of the month ...and of course thats when a load of other work comes in to get in the way...

been paid for cleaning some flats that I havent done yet so I have a lot of work next week..

technically speaking I allow my monthly the first week of the month so alright up to wednesday but will I make it...

oh well thats next weeks battle..:D

Advertisement