Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most shocking prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've had customers ask me to do an inside window because they can't get it clean and then are surprised when I charge them extra. I remember a lady really grumbling once when I charged her 50p to do the inside of a back door covered in dogs nose prints and dried on slobber.
It so funny that some expect something for nothing. Yet I've had a customer say can you clean kitchen window, I'll give you £3.00 extra. My response, oh ok.

The best words to use to a customer when they add an extra is this "You don't want me to work for free do you?" because there subconscious cant let them say yes. If they were to say yes then they would feel bad that they have enslaved you to do something.

I see loads of UK window ran vans about. But then they are based 20 mins from me.

Seem to be doing very well, advertising all over the country. 

I've seen loads of people knocking the "free window clean" promo.

Which always makes me laugh as obviously it works for them or they wouldn't do it.

I sometimes wonder if instead of mocking if some were a bit more switched on and thought aha maybe there is something in this idea...and go explore it themselves.

"Free window clean" is a great promo imo.

Lots of companies use free or heavily discounted intro offers, it's not about converting every customer it's about converting enough to make it financially viable.

I think its easy for a sole trader to look at it and think oh sod working for free. 

But as a business the work isn't being done for free,  it's just an expense like any other marketting expense. As long as the R.O.I is there on there free clean campaign then they will keep doing it and keep making it work.

Like I said you don't run a big business by continuing to do something that's not working.  

In psychology there is a concept called reciprocity which means we are prone to reciprocate gifts given to us.

They may be using that as most people would feel awkward having a free clean and then saying don't bother coming back, even if that may have been their intention originally.

They really need to be more organized though! A free clean is a substantial investment as the first clean is the hardest- can't believe they don't follow them up always!

Worst company in the uk! Was my very first window cleaning job. Free trial is not free they will come every 3.5 weeks regardless and pass you straight to a debt collectors when you don’t pay. They make more money this way than genuine customers. My dog could clean windows better than 99% of their staff. Even the photo on their vans is fake, they pulled outside the building, pole up, photo taken and left. Justin if you read this and have a problem then bring it! What I say is 100% true

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

They don’t pay their staff, that’s how they afford free cleans. They get people off job seekers and tell them they have to do 10 day (2weeks) unpaid trial so if they don’t like the job they don’t risk losing their benefits and then fire them before the two weeks is up

I’ve quoted about five jobs this week - all in different areas, I keep getting shown this........
9eb0c85ddecaeca778df48b076215e86.jpg

Two of them said they booked them but they never turned up - I wonder why?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Have a look at there google reviews [emoji85][emoji23]

Back