Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Canvassing Story: I Want £2000 P/m In 4 Weeks?!?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

68 for £800 but adding more each day. Yesterday was a great day 6 new customers for an additional £90 a month

But i just went in way too high for a property management contract so don't think I'll get that /emoticons/sad.png

Win some, lose some, but always learn some

Yeah I started pricing low on the first few days, but quickly learnt that's a quick way to get burned.

Picking up jobs everyday through website, word of mouth, flyers and canvassing. Enjoying every minute of it and watching it grow is awesome

Ah well... it's been busy that whats happening. Not o much canvasing anymore. Just a bit on the weekends but lots of work through the website and word of mouth.

picked up 10 new jobs last week so think I;m at about 110 custys as some of them were one offs or on an ad hoc basis.

Still going for the 200 custy target... but more realistically it'll be in 12-16 not 8 weeks

Well done, I notice on another thread you asked about commercial, I will give you my knowledge (personally I'm struggling to knock a single door)

Commercial forget garages restaurants pubs etc they want the cheapest, there hard work, dirty because they are usually on main roads, personally I would stick to the industrial estates, going inside and pitching is very time consuming but hey very rewarding, (this is just my advice) take a proper white shirt in the van next time it rains put the shirt on and canvass the offices, my most productive time for commercial canvassing was between 6.30am & 8am on Monday mornings and after 4pm on a Friday you catch the boss on his own worked well for us.

Commercial is a lot to do with appearance, van, kit, uniform, politeness

Once you have one job canvass all other companies around then leaflet them every month when your there, they get to see that you want their business, that you are regular and that you will be around for the long term.

It's hard to get good commercial work but once you have it its hard to lose.

Where are you based ?

Cheers Andysport some good advice there, i'll try that on some industrial estates close by. I'm based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

I think you have answered your own question andysport regarding wanting beer money. :Image16:

See smurf I do know what I'm talking about its the confidence/embarrassment issue I have got, I know I'll get over it I just needed a push/help

Steele with reference to blocks of flats in your area if you can locate a gentleman called Geoff Leighton he owns & manages quite a lot of blocks and he lives in your area, he's a down to earth kind of guy and hands on just be honest and ask him to help you (he will love that)

Also you could try Neil Douglas block management

Grasslands / Blakes

[email protected] He is not too far away.

This is all blocks of flats or small commercial

Good Luck

See smurf I do know what I'm talking about its the confidence/embarrassment issue I have got, I know I'll get over it I just needed a push/help

Steele with reference to blocks of flats in your area if you can locate a gentleman called Geoff Leighton he owns & manages quite a lot of blocks and he lives in your area, he's a down to earth kind of guy and hands on just be honest and ask him to help you (he will love that)

Also you could try Neil Douglas block management

Grasslands / Blakes

[email protected] He is not too far away.

This is all blocks of flats or small commercial

Good Luck
Wow you are a legend Andy, How come you know this area? Where you from?

I don't know the area at all can't say I've ever been there or even know where it is I'd guess at east of Oxford, my business was national ish M5, M6,M40,M42 corridors.

Thanks for the legend bit but thats not me, just trying to help.

Just a side thought for you if you bring in just £500 of new work every month you'd be doing £6k a month in a years time you and 1 employee could probably just about manage that work, think if you brought in £500 a month for 2 years that's £12k a month £144,000 a year probably 4 employees £72,000 net profit

No rush man, take it steady, enjoy the journey.

Thought i'd post an update.

The website and facebook referrals have slowed down this last week so bunched my work up to make Monday a day off to go canvassing and it paid off.

Managed to pick up 9 new customers today in 3 hours light canvassing bringing in an estimated extra £1000 per annum /emoticons/smile.png

Plus the usual "Very interested can I call you tomorrow" so maybe 1 or 2 more.

There be money to be made out there I tell ye :Image3:

Sorry for late reply guys, been so long since I was on here, I even forgot my username /emoticons/smile.png. Still working hard and have too many customers now. So I started this post about 10 months ago and got my first 10 customers on the day. Since then I've grown to about 400-500 customers, have a part-time employee, have two commercial contracts covering the home counties (60 store fronts) and get between £3500-4500 per month depending on gutter jobs, large one-offs etc.

I'm exhausted I don't regret starting this business at all, my only problem now is learning to say no to jobs.

My website is my primary source of new jobs (that reminds me I need to update a few things!) and have maintained a professional attitude to work, although I still take the odd day off just because I can.

There is work out there if you want it! Find it and work hard...

Hi @steele, well done :thumbsup:

However I do hope all the work you have gained is well paid quality work as it's so easy to pickup low paid jobs and end up running around like a blue **** fly. Having a part-timer as you're already aware will also have and impact on your net profit too.

Onwards and upwards as they say /emoticons/wink.png

Wise words smurf, I have been slowly siphoning off low paid work when I pick up the better priced house and have a minumum of £10 per clean now regardless of how many windows. I actually prefer the 4 windows for £10 jobs, takes 10 mins and they are happy with the price. I'd love 400 of them monthly locally...

The part-timer really helps give me more time for myself. i.e finishing earlier, its still an experiment to find out if its worth it. If not i'll reduce my jobs to give me a satisfactory monthly wage

Back