Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Canvassing Story: I Want £2000 P/m In 4 Weeks?!?!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry for late reply guys, been so long since I was on here, I even forgot my username /emoticons/smile.png. Still working hard and have too many customers now. So I started this post about 10 months ago and got my first 10 customers on the day. Since then I've grown to about 400-500 customers, have a part-time employee, have two commercial contracts covering the home counties (60 store fronts) and get between £3500-4500 per month depending on gutter jobs, large one-offs etc.
I'm exhausted I don't regret starting this business at all, my only problem now is learning to say no to jobs.

My website is my primary source of new jobs (that reminds me I need to update a few things!) and have maintained a professional attitude to work, although I still take the odd day off just because I can.

There is work out there if you want it! Find it and work hard...
How did you go about getting the 60 store fronts @steele ?

The store fronts were a bit of luck, I had been contacting larger companies to find out who cleaned their windows and was eventually put onto a larger cleaning company. I explained what I was able to offer and just as luck would have it they were looking to subcontract all their southern work so I jumped at the chance. It's a good earner, lots of driving but it pays well, when I kick their ass to actually pay me /emoticons/smile.png

I guess my advice would be to door knock as much as you can, offer both traditional and WFP so you can get those hard to reach windows, make sure you understand websites, SEO, facebook etc. I get all my business through online contact, As I've said before I no longer use my phone, I'm a bit allergic to talking to people so email works better for me and it doesn't slow me down when I'm working. I hate driving or climbing a ladder and the phone rings, but what I hate more is voice mails, absolutely detest them.

In the beginning take on all the work you can, over time you can filter out the bad payers, difficult access, dog **** gardens etc. I was doing houses for £5, I don't do any of them anymore but they helped pay the bills in the beginning.

Good luck

What a great thread... Certainly inspires me to get stuck in, and knock those doors!
Great get out there are start door knocking... plenty of people sat they will but not all actually follow through! The positive being that there is less competition.

Back