Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My new Gardiner backpack trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That ticking noise from the pump is the pressure switch working and making sure the pump is cut off while the pressure is too high as the hose is blocked ..once the tap/univalve is opened and the water is free to flow the pressure switch turns the pump back on

Perfectly normal and protects the pump

That ticking noise from the pump is the pressure switch working and making sure the pump is cut off while the pressure is too high as the hose is blocked ..once the tap/univalve is opened and the water is free to flow the pressure switch turns the pump back onPerfectly normal and protects the pump
Thanky you Daveyboy. That has answered that. Was thinking is this the down side to what coudl be a great set up. So PU green hose 30m uni valve in new facelift pheonix carbon fibre 22ft pole have the 4ft untralight section on it to. Thats a better set up now and no need to move the back pack down little alleys etc. Great stuff, easy set up, thanks for all the info Davey and everyone else:) I think this back pack is better than the big boy I had too

Thanks lads got a lot of inspiration from this thread , hurt my back last week probably down to taking trolly down steps and lugging barrels round , so just added this reel to trolley 30m pole hose , and putting small tank in van with a fast fill outlet , my work is more suited to trolleys due to parking issues 

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

Great thread, just what i want to do ive actually just posted elsewhere but will add it here too.

Im Confused to hell about fittings etc as im new to all this.

Im going to get the gardiner v3 and mount to a trolley.

Thats simple lol.

Buy a hose reel and attach to trolley....got it.

But then im stuck.

1. I need the fitting from reel hose mount, hozelock fitting into what ?

2. What hose do i then use? Would want up to 30m.

3. Then how does this hose connect to the pole hose, what fitting?

4. I want to attach a valve to the hose near the pole to turn water off, what do i need?

Just need a list of what i need to buy, im bloody clueless ?

Get a length of down pipe and fix it to the side with bungees. You can put your pole in when moving around then.

Great thread, just what i want to do ive actually just posted elsewhere but will add it here too.

Im Confused to hell about fittings etc as im new to all this.

Im going to get the gardiner v3 and mount to a trolley.

Thats simple lol.

Buy a hose reel and attach to trolley....got it.

But then im stuck.

1. I need the fitting from reel hose mount, hozelock fitting into what ?

2. What hose do i then use? Would want up to 30m.

3. Then how does this hose connect to the pole hose, what fitting?

4. I want to attach a valve to the hose near the pole to turn water off, what do i need?

Just need a list of what i need to buy, im bloody clueless ?

If I understand you correctly you need what you can see in these pics

hose%20break%201.jpg

tubeless_01.jpg

These are all available from Gardiner pole systems.

Gardiner's green PU pole hose is my favourite as it is more flexible than most PU hoses, but others are available such as Ex-Ceed's blue one that many like.

The connector in the lower picture is a John Guest 8mm-8mm straght connector and can be used with or without the hosetail seen in the picture.  If you use a hosetail I recommend the black version found on Gardiner's website as it's more robust than the red one pictured.

For a Valve or tap I woud strongly recommend the Univalve from Ex-Ceed inovations as it fits into the hose just inside the top section of the pole and is operated by tugging on the hose where it exits the pole.

I used a reel originally on my old diy trolley 

Then i found it was easier just wrapping pole hose round the handles instead of a reel

If you use the gardiners green pu hose you can get 30m delivered for 23 quid, put a male rectus 21 (ezsnap) male fitting in the end with female fitting on the orange backpack hose (which you can choose as an option when buying it) and then wrap it round the handles

You can easily pull off what you need for a job and then wrap back round

Very lightweight strong hose

Last edited by a moderator:
I see on that green hose the id is 5.5mm, what size male fitting ezsnap would i buy, 5mm or 6mm. 

Is it just a very tight fit or do you put a clip on it?

6mm.. put the end of the hose in a mug of boiling water so it expands a little and is soft then push the fitting in

I use o rings on all my hoses except for with the green pu hose.. seems to grip tighter the more you pull on it

I'm sure @Marko067 does the same

6mm.. put the end of the hose in a mug of boiling water so it expands a little and is soft then push the fitting in

I use o rings on all my hoses except for with the green pu hose.. seems to grip tighter the more you pull on it

I'm sure @Marko067 does the same
Brill, thanks (again)

Same as Dave B.  I find as a general rule that any PU hose to metal fitting, like Ezsnap or Rectus needs an 'O' clip whereas PU hose to plastic fitting like the John Guest barbed hose tails or the Univalve stems don't need them for the reason Dave explained.

Back