My Tds Reading Is Messed Up !

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Nov 19, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

filled my 11ltr vessel up with new resin i got today :)

I had my water going in through the out port and the water coming out at the in port -- should be the other way around ! so i swapped them over and my tds reading was high it was on 27 but kept going down.... so it ended up on 23 and my tank was full...

i filled a 25litre barrel up and it was 00ppm i checked it properly and it was defo 00ppm so i filled another one up straight after and it was 50ppm ! :eek: so i checked the first barrel that was 00ppm and this was 49ppm aswell :S

so i went t o my van and the reading was 23ppm still

so i toke water out of the vessell and it came up as 4ppm :S

then i done it again 2 mins later and it was 60ppm :S

and now my tds meter has stopped working

am guessing the water is fine as i seen it was 00ppm first !

i just think the tds meter is messed up as its stopped working aswell :( :S

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Im surprised the resin didn't go through the hose into your tank as I have done this in the past and it pushes the resin through the filter through the hozelock connector .

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Oh and by the sounds of it you have answered your own question by saying your tds is foofed up .

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I always keep a spare tds meter so just get a new one as they are cheap as chip from doug
    HM Digital TDS-3 Handheld Meter With Carrying Case

Price - £12.60 (£15.12 including vat and delivery)

http://www.daqua.co.uk/testmeters.htm

5. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

What's the make of the meter or link where you bought it and I'll tell you if its a fake or not.

6. harunh

harunh Legend

Its real mate but doesnt switch on now n i bought it from a lad hu has fishes down my end, ill just order a new tds :)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[font="Arial""]I had my first one for a few years now and managed one day to get it wet from a hose. Water got into the insides so after that did not switch on so nothing to lose I just took the cap off then dried it out with low heat from a hairdryer. To my amazement it worked again accurately and still going strong to this day.[/font]

If you have a real one H why not try replacing the cheap batteries in it then if it works accurately again you will then have a spare. ;)
    [font="Arial""] [/font]

Advertisement