Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Do You Do!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

iluvwindows

What do you do regarding your round(s) when the weather turns sour do you skip and do them next month or do you let it rollover to the following week? seem rolling everything over seems the best option imo...

move it to the next day and so on,
and what do you do next month(when you've caught up?)....Do you go 4 weeks from the clean date(and lose a weeks £££), or go 'early' next month and risk annoying some customers? Eg: if you fall behind 1 week, do you catch up and return 3 weeks later?

What's the odds on catching up and getting ahead of yourself with our weather? Do what you can when you can and if you catch up, just hope for rain and have a day or so off. It don't feel so bad if the weather is shite.

By leaving then till the next month will lose you hundreds, do them whenever you can, possabily before the lot u have due...just work longer days when u can.,...Just mean 4/6 weeks round, you may get a day off due to the rain 4/6 weeks ago., but to be fair, the weather always turn bad, so those days off may mean you are still catching up.

and what do you do next month(when you've caught up?)....Do you go 4 weeks from the clean date(and lose a weeks £££)' date=' or go 'early' next month and risk annoying some customers? Eg: if you fall behind 1 week, do you catch up and return 3 weeks later?[/quote']just go 4/8 weeks from the date you clean them,

If I get to far behind I pick & choose. Basically the nice custies, the dearest houses, the best payers get done first. Ones I'm not to concerned about I leave till last. Remember they can tell you to miss them out anytime so it works both ways. My motto. Keep the good ones happy. Bloody snow

I dont miss them. Either clean in the rain or hire extra help. If its happining often you cant be factoring in weather.

Theres 2 window cleaners about here that have 5 days work. I mean what is the points in that? You wont get round it al without working weekends or being extremely late. Im in Scotland though will be different for others places.

Me personally Im not going over 3 1/2 days work for window cleaning.

I want 4 days fully booked a week /emoticons/smile.png 20- 25 customers a day 400 customers on my books /emoticons/smile.png

Just move it all

Along, you should never specify an exact date that you will be doing it, I always say for example: we will be round aprox every 6 weeks, depending on weather and other unforeseen issues.

My customers know that i can never make it bang on 4 weeks every time and they dont mind as if i am late its only a couple days, work 4 days a week on the windows and fri/sat do my glazing jobs

agreed, i dont stick to an exact date for any of my customers, i tell them they get done on either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th week of the month, and i keep them in that week, by being specific your just making a rod for your own back

Latest Posts

Back