Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New he power up reel review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’ve just ordered this and I’m assuming no hose comes with it?

Would this reel take 100m of 8mm ID / 13.5mm OD reinforced hose or are most folk using something smaller?

I’m keen to maintain as high a flow rate as possible.

Thanks 
You can order it with hose either 6 or 8mm internal boar , it will hold a full 100 meters of either 

Depends if you are going to go down the Hot Water route! If so, then you need the hydroheat hose. If not, then go for the 8mm inside dia hose and connect the exceed hoseless 6mm kit on the end of it.
Most boilers are not designed to run with 8 mm hose the exception to the rule is concept 02 systems , most others recommend 6mm hose , we use Grippatank hydro heat red hose and Gardiners yellow normal microbore hose both perform well with hot water but the Grippatank hose is heavier , and harder to pull round corners but fir commercial work is ace .

Most boilers are not designed to run with 8 mm hose the exception to the rule is concept 02 systems , most others recommend 6mm hose , we use Grippatank hydro heat red hose and Gardiners yellow normal microbore hose both perform well with hot water but the Grippatank hose is heavier , and harder to pull round corners but fir commercial work is ace .
The exceed make a 6mm red hose for their hoseless kit and seems very good for handling. 

Would love it but don’t see me going hot water for another 18 months / 2 years. I’ve only been going a year and need to double my turnover to justify what I’ve spent already. VW Caddy Maxi, sign written, 2 extreme poles, Checkatrade, ads in local mags, Power Up 3D reel, Spring Radio controller, new ladders, all the gutter stuff, 2nd hand gutter vac. 

Well I have had a full day today with the new reel and have to say it’s excellent, don’t understand why but we use hot water and with the metal reels you cannot touch the sides of them due to the heat , with this new plastic reel  the sides of the reel are about ambient temperature I know metal dissipates heat but was surprised how cool the reel is , I suppose the heat is staying in the hose and water ?. This reel is a lot quieter than the old reels not that they are noisy ,I think the belt drive is a very good idear , so far this reel is just as good as other brands costing  2-3 times or more , very pleased with it . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the new PowerUP3D reel today for the first time and I’m absolutely delighted with it. What a great bit of kit! I was a little reticent to purchase it due to the fact I’m not great with anything technical (I read, and need, the instructions to install curtain rails) and I’m still in the position where I consider it a big expense. 

I ordered it on Thursday, it was delivered Friday and took me 2 hours to install on Sunday. It was a doddle.

Using it today I didn’t expect it to save me any noticeable amount of time compared to unloading and using the manual reel (I bought it to help lessen the burden on me physically) but after using it to reel in almost 100 meters of hose at a job today I can see that it will make an appreciable difference. 

What an absolute joy to be able to press a button after you’ve completed a job and stand there whilst the machine brings the hose back in for you. The motor makes very little noise and it has some metal poles at the top to stop the hose coming off the reel as it’s winding it back in. 

Having used it today I can see the sense in getting a hose guide that they also sell for help navigating with the hose as you’re walking with hose and for security but I think I’d want someone to install this for me as it requires cutting through the van. 

After using a manual reel for 3 years I’d absolutely encourage anyone thinking about it to go ahead and purchase one. If it carries on like this I’d consider it a bargain at the price it’s sold for and worth every penny. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 4 days I been using mine now and feels like its getting better each day the more I get used to it.

I like I’m not having to worry anymore about catching down the sides or in the chain anymore!!!

catching down the sides or in the chain anymore!!!
Yeah that's such a massive design flaw/oversight - grrrhhh NOT AGAIN  (I've got a landscape 4 way roller waiting for me to fit to the front - by the metal sign plate - should keep the hose low and tight - that's what I'm hoping for ?)

Couldn’t resist WCW still got them on offer until tomorrow, ordered one with red hose as I sometimes get tangled up with my sons hose both yellow ?

With 6mm hose £400 minus 5% discount £380 plus vat £456.

my original hd power up  Is 4 years old including the hose still works like brand new so will be a good back up reel if needed or maybe for another van.

The reason I bought this reel as I intend eventually install a remote control  and the bar across the top to keep the hose from skipping over the reel sides was a major factor even though only once as it jumped over on my hd power up reel. 

Couldn’t resist WCW still got them on offer until tomorrow, ordered one with red hose as I sometimes get tangled up with my sons hose both yellow ?

With 6mm hose £400 minus 5% discount £380 plus vat £456.

my original hd power up  Is 4 years old including the hose still works like brand new so will be a good back up reel if needed or maybe for another van.

The reason I bought this reel as I intend eventually install a remote control  and the bar across the top to keep the hose from skipping over the reel sides was a major factor even though only once as it jumped over on my hd power up reel. 
Trust me you won’t be disappointed, they are very good and value for money 

That's why I got the twin stack, wouldn't have been able to fit 2 single reels in and transport my gutter vac gear
Yes I put my vac and pressure washer up the front of the van when it’s needed . All my vans are set up like this one ,it’s primarily set up for window cleaning  as that’s our bread and butter .speed in getting to work is what I wanted and this works very well for that  ,within a few seconds of pulling up we have the pole on the glass .

Yes I put my vac and pressure washer up the front of the van when it’s needed . All my vans are set up like this one ,it’s primarily set up for window cleaning  as that’s our bread and butter .speed in getting to work is what I wanted and this works very well for that  ,within a few seconds of pulling up we have the pole on the glass .
So there's room between your tank and bulkhead. Only about 18"s between my bulkhead and tank so can only use it for spare pole hose, brushes etc.

Latest Posts

Back