Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New he power up reel review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have loads of room between tank and back doors, can get 2 genies, 2 gutter vacs etc in comfortably. Just not much room between tank and bulkhead.
Next van, I'm going for 350l tank as I only use 200 litres a day then I can keep everything I need in van and keep it well insured for equipment. Fitted rollers there and forgot to put the middle set in. ?

Just not much room between tank and bulkhead.
PT  Have you ever seen the test crashed frame at Ionics ? Think it was 'crashed' at only 30 mph - 'bolted thru the floor' it ends up looking like a parallelogram leaning forward quite a way - depending on how close your seat/headrest is to the bulkhead you might get a nasty wack in the head/back (to say the least) should your frame deform in similar way in any crash ☠️   

image.png

For that reason I always go for siting the tank over rear axle 50-60cm from the rear barn doors - using the side door to load up the PW GutterVac etc...food for thought?

Last edited by a moderator:
PT  Have you ever seen the test crashed frame at Ionics ? Think it was 'crashed' at only 30 mph - 'bolted thru the floor' it ends up looking like a parallelogram leaning forward quite a way - depending on how close your seat/headrest is to the bulkhead you might get a nasty wack in the head/back (to say the least) should your frame deform in similar way in any crash ☠️   

View attachment 20157

For that reason I always go for siting the tank over rear axle 50-60cm from the rear barn doors - using the side door to load up the PW GutterVac etc...food for thought?
Fitted by Pure Freedom who claim to take axle payloads into account, the tank is fitted width ways so in theory would be stiffer then length ways. Hope I don't find out who's correct

@Pjj While you have been using the waterworks reels, do you ever have them leaking water where the hose plugs in. I have a diy electric reel with the swivel elbow, in brass, I’m sick of it leaking, replace them every 3 months. Any chance of a close up photo of the coupling? 

@Pjj While you have been using the waterworks reels, do you ever have them leaking water where the hose plugs in. I have a diy electric reel with the swivel elbow, in brass, I’m sick of it leaking, replace them every 3 months. Any chance of a close up photo of the coupling? 

I have Hurd people say that the banjo has leaked but I have 6 of them and no never had a leak , you can replace the o rings on the banjo fitting ,I must admit it’s not the most robust of things but we work with hot water 8 hours a day and if anything is going to leak hot water will find it and never had so much as a drip from any of them , I dint have any pictures of the metal reels as the ones in my van have been replaced with the 3D reel and my other vans are at staffs houses , this picture is of the new reel  banjos 

90AFEF6A-0F20-4997-BAEC-41675763168A.jpeg

FC638EC3-F7F5-4993-9601-805F70E1EA47.jpeg

A9A6F964-C3DD-4DA3-BAFC-46C7FD9B7FC6.jpeg

Would there be any chance of someone measuring this reel for me ie height, width and depth. I use a hilux pickup with 580 ltr tank so space is tight. Thanks

Latest Posts

Back