Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No rinsing needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As the vast majority of my work is 3 monthly, and buy the water in on our travels, we would need to put the Di, with Nuclear, between the pump and hose reels. Can we run hot water through it when on the odd occasion we run with hot water?
Hot water may crack the resin beads depending on the heat.

How most people do it is pure in tank then pump then vessel with the NG resin.

Dazmond has vast years of experience, I believe longer than yourself? He has the same issue with vents. Are you saying that Dazmond is inexperienced?

I don't have limited water supply, I clean the glass on full flow and use roughly 1.8 litres per minute. I've tried everything, degreaser, more water... nothing works. Dazmond says the same, everything he has stated I find as fact as that's what I see when I'm out there.

£370 today, tell me what I'm doing wrong....
Dazmond has more years total window cleaning experience but I have more year’s experience with WFP , he’s only part time we do double the hours each week that he does maybe you and he could do with some lessons ????

Hot water may crack the resin beads depending on the heat.

How most people do it is pure in tank then pump then vessel with the NG resin.
That’s different to how Ionic’s do it they keep recirculating the water through it for a few hours according to Craig one pass through the resin doesn’t make much difference.

Dazmond has vast years of experience, I believe longer than yourself? He has the same issue with vents. Are you saying that Dazmond is inexperienced?

I don't have limited water supply, I clean the glass on full flow and use roughly 1.8 litres per minute. I've tried everything, degreaser, more water... nothing works. Dazmond says the same, everything he has stated I find as fact as that's what I see when I'm out there.

I have just gone back through this post and cannot see any ware that dazmond has said that ?.., ware are you quoting it from ?

I have just gone back through this post and cannot see any ware that dazmond has said that ?.., ware are you quoting it from ?
He's said it in the past when the subject has cropped up.

Iron Giant has said that he's got a problem, are you going to give him lessons as well?

Do you not think that just maybe that given the 3 of us have problems with certain vents that there might be some truth in it and they could be a different type of vent then the ones you have over 300 miles away?

That’s different to how Ionic’s do it they keep recirculating the water through it for a few hours according to Craig one pass through the resin doesn’t make much difference.
What do they call a few hours? If the pumps deliver 5 LPM of water through the resin, theoretically it would take approximately 2 hours with my pump running flat out for 1 pass having a 600 liter tank. If we need more than 1 pass then a second pass would add another 2 hours.

If memory serves me, my pumps draw just on 4 amps an hour at full motor speed without restriction. So 2 passes would deplete my battery capacity by 16 amps and I haven't started the day yet.
How long would my pump last doing this, especially if it's a warm night?

Iron Giant has said that he's got a problem, are you going to give him lessons as well?

Do you not think that just maybe that given the 3 of us have problems with certain vents that there might be some truth in it and they could be a different type of vent then the ones you have over 300 miles away?
I must have miss read @Iron Giant post I didn’t think he was saying he has problems with them ? I still say it’s down to technique and practice we don’t get issues I will say it again come down and see how we work you can see for yourself how we work and go back later and scrutinise the jobs .

What do they call a few hours? If the pumps deliver 5 LPM of water through the resin, theoretically it would take approximately 2 hours with my pump running flat out for 1 pass having a 600 liter tank. If we need more than 1 pass then a second pass would add another 2 hours.

If memory serves me, my pumps draw just on 4 amps an hour at full motor speed without restriction. So 2 passes would deplete my battery capacity by 16 amps and I haven't started the day yet.
How long would my pump last doing this, especially if it's a warm night?
If I remember correctly it was 2-3 hours for a 600 ltr tank full there system is pre programmed so does it automatically, I didn’t time it when I had it but recon it’s about that .

I think you need to re read @Iron Giant post he said he doesn’t have problems most of the time .I don know how to show part of his post in mine but look back a few posts and you will see it .

I must have miss read @Iron Giant post I didn’t think he was saying he has problems with them ? I still say it’s down to technique and practice we don’t get issues I will say it again come down and see how we work you can see for yourself how we work and go back later and scrutinise the jobs .

He said...

'I quickly scrub and rinse the vents every time and have no issues on the vast majority of my jobs,

the issue I have on these two developments is the crappy vents, typically the slats inside the vents the front and back of them are welded to the frame of the vent the back of these slats simply sit against the window frame about 1mm below the opening in the window frame and some of the slats are actually inside the opening in the window frame either done when fitted or pushed in by a previous heavy handed cleaner these are the only ones that I have intermittent issues with'

So he's had issues with vents, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if it's a new development or not, the fact is he's had issues. I'm sure he's tried everything and if you told him that he just need to scrub them more and use more water.... I don't think he'd be impressed :unsure:?

I'm not willing to come down there, it's too far.

He said...

'I quickly scrub and rinse the vents every time and have no issues on the vast majority of my jobs,

the issue I have on these two developments is the crappy vents, typically the slats inside the vents the front and back of them are welded to the frame of the vent the back of these slats simply sit against the window frame about 1mm below the opening in the window frame and some of the slats are actually inside the opening in the window frame either done when fitted or pushed in by a previous heavy handed cleaner these are the only ones that I have intermittent issues with'

So he's had issues with vents, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if it's a new development or not, the fact is he's had issues. I'm sure he's tried everything and if you told him that he just need to scrub them more and use more water.... I don't think he'd be impressed :unsure:?

I'm not willing to come down there, it's too far.
He has occasionally had a problem , if you arnt prepared to come and see it for yourself that’s fine but don't call me a lier and suggest I don’t know what ime talking about , it’s only down to to cleaning method , unless it’s that magical hot water we use ????

He has occasionally had a problem , if you arnt prepared to come and see it for yourself that’s fine but don't call me a lier and suggest I don’t know what ime talking about , it’s only down to to cleaning method , unless it’s that magical hot water we use ????
I wouldn't have any issues at all if it wasn't for these jobs, I do clean them as I would any other vent and give them 100% I think the fact that I can actually see the water going inside into the window frame makes me a tad apprehensive at times it's just the smallest amount of spotting which I don't believe I'd get if they were constructed like other trickle vents,

Previous cleaners on some jobs it was plain to see on the first clean that they had been adhoc in cleaning the vents by the sheer amount of dirt that I flushed out of them they got complaints which is why I got the jobs the customers on these jobs would tell me in a heartbeat if they weren't happy.

You can’t act like you have superior standards then not do vents as they may cause an issue
Stop worrying about £ph and clean them then wait for them to drip
Part of the job for proper window cleaning

I had a bit of sympathy for you to begin with, as I have the rare odd problem with vents.
However you lost that sympathy by adding a boast (if true) to your post.
Something that spoils this forum.
Anyway cheer up all you lot bickering, it’s Friday ???

One of the first things I remember being concerned about when I switched to wfp 16yrs ago was getting water into vents due to all the negative comments about dirt dribbling out over the clean windows.
However, I wasn't happy leaving dirty looking top frames because of worrying about vents so I started cleaning them and found I seldom had any issues at all. Any issues I did have I found ways to manage. The most common way is to clean all the frames first and then go back and do the windows after the initial flush of water has stopped.
I often wonder what customers who are watching us are thinking when they see us skip the windows on the first go around but they soon get the hang of how we're working and usually end up saying something like a new customer did yesterday - "Amazing job!"

Could be playing your lot if our respective teams pull their fingers out ?.
The atmosphere at The Den will be bone shattering Monday.
Anyway, sorry to hijack the bickering ?
Think our lot have been punching above their weight. Played most of the season with very young lads and without a recognised centre forward.
Our away form is far better then our home form so probably best we're at Preston

Back