Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

not today thankyou

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

got to a customers house today. i could see he had just finished cleaning his expensive BMW
His Mrs comes out. Can you leave them today my hubbys just washed his car. I was gobsmacked WTF Heard it all now HaHa

She'd have been told no doorstep cancellations for a poor excuse, I'd have still billed them

I had someone a clean cancel a few months ago she got her daughter to approach me in the street to tell me she was looking after a puppy, she still got billed for the full price and I got paid.

I would just say either "No problem, I'll cancel that job off for you" (for a permanent cancellation, someone I would never go back to) or "No problem, let me know when you next want them done" (for someone I would go back to on an adhoc basis but not add them back to the round) Absolutely non confrontational, no need to get into a long discussion until they next want them done...

What did you actually say or do though @johnny bravo

got to a customers house today. i could see he had just finished cleaning his expensive BMW
His Mrs comes out. Can you leave them today my hubbys just washed his car. I was gobsmacked WTF Heard it all now HaHa
They'd be in the bin for me as well mate. Some people have no fathom of how it can mess your day up and that you're trying to earn a living. I had one postpone on Tuesday as "we are are away on holiday, can you come at a later date?". I said no problem. Later on Tuesday I was walking out of the shop on the high street and she walked in. She went absolutely bright red with embarrassment. I just said "oh, hello" and carried on. A couple of years ago I had the "it upsets the dog too much". The dog was an absolute pain in the a*se . He used to come out of a dog flap and thought nothing of trying to chew the pole hose or p*ss all over anything and everything. Felt sorry for him as obviously he didn't have enough care taken after him.

Back