Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ok, So Lets Price This. Just A Little One....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wouldn't get £10 for a house like this.. Nor if I was a customer I wouldn't pay a tenner to have them cleaned.. People complain he under cut me, he stopping us earning a living.. Well charging a tenner for a house like that what can you expect!

I wouldn't get £10 for a house like this.. Nor if I was a customer I wouldn't pay a tenner to have them cleaned.. People complain he under cut me, he stopping us earning a living.. Well charging a ytenner for a house like that what can you expect!
This is true bud.

A guy asked me to quote a big house today 27 windows in all some of them large ones too, told him should be about £25 but would do for between £15 & £20.

He said that the old window cleaner did it for £8 but they had not seen for a while cause he was ill, and was giving him time to come back. i said no wonder he is ill at that price......lol

A guy asked me to quote a big house today 27 windows in all some of them large ones too, told him should be about £25 but would do for between £15 & £20.He said that the old window cleaner did it for £8 but they had not seen for a while cause he was ill, and was giving him time to come back. i said no wonder he is ill at that price......lol
Haha like that one mate!

I think a lot of people are forgetting areas.

I have seen some mad prices quoted on here, shame but the north/south divide is very true still in the day an age.

A guy asked me to quote a big house today 27 windows in all some of them large ones too, told him should be about £25 but would do for between £15 & £20.He said that the old window cleaner did it for £8 but they had not seen

for a while cause he was ill, and was giving him time to come back. i said no wonder he is ill at that price......lol
Had this no end of times mate,tell them if you want quality and window cleaner for life then you have to the right price and got kids to feed.makes me laugh when haggle over couple of quid and got Bentley in the drive.

Cant believe no one comented on what a lovely day it was in the pictures. And no snow.lol...
When these guys get onto pricing Sharon they put their blinkers on, especially the lads charging £10 and above for it, don't stand in the way /emoticons/ph34r.png

You can see why there is a divide though, example: mine an Niels outgoings monthly are around £1400, down south/London way and I'm in a council house!!!!

You can see why there is a divide though, example: mine an Niels outgoings monthly are around £1400, down south/London way and I'm in a council house!!!!
yh im down south too, and i get that general outgoings are higher, but surely if your customer works then they are earning at least minimum wage wether their north or south, and if your outgoings are much lower up north then why wont people pay the same for the same service? does BT give a lower price to their custys up north? or tescos? or do they charge the same and still earn the same? just a thought

yh im down south too, and i get that general outgoings are higher, but surely if your customer works then they are earning at least minimum wage wether their north or south, and if your outgoings are much lower up north then why wont people pay the same for the same service? does BT give a lower price to their custys up north? or tescos? or do they charge the same and still earn the same? just a thought
I agree,

If you live in London, living expenses is said to be between 7%-10% higher than the rest of the country.

Any other differences from 10% either way, probably just stem from peoples assumptions about location & pricing. Doesn’t make it easier if any potential customers you give a quote to, assume (think) you should be charging less for window cleaning, but you shouldn’t agree with them other wise you agree with there expertise! On pricing for window cleaning, who is supposed to know more on the subject?

Richard

Doesnt matter about prices as long as ya happy
That’s just lame H; you can be happy with lower prices or higher prices.

You can be happy earning whatever you want to get from window cleaning, work as little or as much as you want, but that’s no excuse for pricing.

I always try to price competitively, basically keeping the cost to the customers as low as I can.

Richard

I have set my minimum price at a tenner and i bet im the furthest North member on here /emoticons/biggrin.png thing is i have promised my customers no price increase on there windows for 2 years, its a cracking selling point, so far i have picked up 65 customers in total, thats 3 weeks of canvassing in January, all seem happy to pay the tenner, i have a handful on £15 , oh and Shaz , looks like a lovely day doon there, its blowing 70mph winds up here and peeing it doon :rolleyes:

Back