Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ok, So Lets Price This. Just A Little One....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That’s just lame H; you can be happy with lower prices or higher prices.
You can be happy earning whatever you want to get from window cleaning, work as little or as much as you want, but that’s no excuse for pricing.

I always try to price competitively, basically keeping the cost to the customers as low as I can.

Richard
Rich what do you think is a good hourly rate for window cleaning?

I think setting your prices to achieve £40 per hour and aim to achieve £200 - £240 per day and work reasonable working hours over the entire week is a realistic figure to start with.

Richard

personally at £40 per hour i would be overcharging, i can only get 3 houses done per hour so they would all have to be £13, not unachievable but all my houses are small 2/3 bed council houses, priced at £8, which i think is fair to the customer and to myself

That's pretty achievable then. I here of people doing £350/£400 on domestic. But I say "here"

I aim for £50 but then beat myself up if I fall a few quid short. But then again I fell off a roof and suffer with a bad back lol. So maybe I should cut my self some slack.

Damo you can do £300 plus on domestics in a day, especially with wfp, but you should be aiming for consistency over the year, so it might be better to aim for a much lower rate than this amount and build gradually as the round grows.

Richard

personally at £40 per hour i would be overcharging, i can only get 3 houses done per hour so they would all have to be £13, not unachievable but all my houses are small 2/3 bed council houses, priced at £8, which i think is fair to the customer and to myself
There are a few options - change the frequency of clean and increase the price, refine your cleaning to get 4 jobs done in 1 hour, only look for better priced work, or just gradually increase the prices as you refine the round with each new customer etc

Richard

I would charge between 6-7 pound nice and easy and good earners if you get a whole load of them. With the hourly rate it all depends on what your happy with

Damo you can do £300 plus on domestics in a day, especially with wfp, but you should be aiming for consistency over the year, so it might be better to aim for a much lower rate than this amount and build gradually as the round grows.
Richard
I think my back would break LMAO. consistency Is the key you are right! /emoticons/smile.png

Wow £300 a day on houses. I wish.!!! that would be start at 6am finish at 6pm. if not later.....Not that i have enough water in my tank.

I leave my house at 830am and home by 2pm/230pm...I look to get just over £100. some days obviously better than others. monday i done £140 tuesday only £90. so every day is a very different day.

If my male worker done £300 in a day, i would be questioning his work.!. :angry: i was suspisious after doing £200 once.....as i could never ever do that in a day on domestic...

£5-6 for me up my end easy house.

Easy for some to make £300 in a day if they have a min £10 charge

£80-£150 id say is the norm

i dont have many over £6 and would have less if i charged more.

I use to do £200 a day on houses in 5 hours think my best day was £345 but had to have the next day off now I do about £50 a day /emoticons/ph34r.png

I’ve done over £300 in day, trad; but like you mention it’s a long day and I did feel it the following day, much better to pace yourself – unless you have the following day off.

Richard

(Couldn’t do it now – trad cleaners are much tougher)

Some days £100,somedays £300,somedays £400. Depends commercial or domestic and it's up to me and do carpet cleaning so that bump it up.I'm my own boss,it's up to me,spent 15 years making money window and carpet cleaning now it's my turn.sometimes might do £50.up to me and it's up to you.don't beat yourself up if you don't hit hourly target.I've only done £90 today but picked up two big carpet jobs and a £50 house,nice one.

Back