online only

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by bluemonkey, Apr 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

has any one got a copy of the letter they give to custys telling them that they are only taking online payments from now on

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

What if you have custys who don't have online acsess ? I think you should give options rather that going totally online.

3. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

dumping them, sick of going back to collect and people not in, even though they know what time i am coming back

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Galileo was excommunicated by the Catholic Church for daring to suggest that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way round.

Do you think that people might have other things to do rather than waiting in for the window cleaner. Have you tried leaving addressed envelopes for people to post cheques?

Having said that I've just started (this week) giving customers the option of Electronic Bank Transfer/bill payment. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Its just a part of the job mate, not sure how you are going to get on if you tell your customers you will only take online payments. You may find yourself looking for a job!. I doubt there is anyone on here who only takes online payments, to give you a letter. Surely not all your cash or cheque paying customers are out when you collect?. Also, i dont know about you, but i have many elderly customers who dont even have a computer, never mind do online banking!. Also got a few who do have a computer but maybe dont trust online payments. Yes it would be very handy if all my customers payed online, but i know for a fact, if i tried to implement that, i would have to go back to driving buses!.

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

tried envelopes, they dont get posted, am sick of going back to people 3-4 times to collect £8, i have enough who pay online now or on day, or first time collecting, the rest who are **** payers are getting online only or no more cleans

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Why don't you politely ask them if they could give up an evening and instead of you going collecting they bring the money to you. You just have to make sure your in and tell them all your address and they deliver there money. If you gotta go out ask them to leave a note on the door to post it through letterbox. Works for me. Oh and forgot to add I also leave a key and they take it in turns to make my dinner lol. Seriously collecting is a pain in the man utd but it is part and parcel of the job.

8. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

it might be part of the job, but i am spending 5 ***hts a week collecting and saturday mornings, it is getting to the point where i spend more time collecting than working

9. laddergarder

I collect between 6pm and 7pm, every day we are out. Most of the time its done in half and hour. I accept online payments, which accounts for about 5%, and about the same for cheques, the rest pay on the day, on when we go back in the evening. I still miss some here and there, that pay the following month. However if anyone misses two booking they are placed on hold.

This is what I have written on my collection letters.

Payment Methods
    Payment can be made by; cash, credit card, debit card, Paypal or cheque. Please see overleaf for more information regarding our payment methods.

Our Outstanding Payments Policy
    We ask that outstanding payments be settled within 28 days; however we will continue to provide our service for up to 56 days without receiving payment. After this period your account will be placed on hold until the outstanding payment has been settled.

I agree with what has already been said above, 'online only' will not work with residential customers.

10. Ryan

Ryan Guest

ya maby hes only doing it to bad payers ?

if so its the right thing to do

personally i only do 1 clean and if they aint payed by the time the next clean comes around i wont do it agine till they have payed for the last 1 or arranged to pay double next time which is fine.

id love everyone to pay online save me talking for 1hr a day lol

Advertisement