Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ott Ooo (Shoulder Pain)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For me I'm in constant pain everyday that's why it takes me a long time to get mobile each morning.

Most of you guys are still young so best look at ergonomics that's the type of working methods, products and tools you use to help reduce repetitive strain injury.

Shazzy has already mentioned about hose reels and using lighter kit that all helps too.

sciatica, I think is a back pain with shooting pains down the bum and leg, well that's what I have had in the past. lol.

I also never go to doctors. lol.

Guys and Girls......don't ignore back and neck pains!! Especially if you have had them on and off for a long time.

I started roofing at the age of 18 and at the age of 27 was having a lower back operation due to a prolapsed disc(slipped disc) As you can imagine, lots of heavy lifting and bending, I started to get pains running down my leg or in my foot, would come and go and just worked through it. I had a bit of physio but in the end the disc was so bad it was permanently pinching the nerves in my spine which is what causes sciatica. At that point i was in incredible pain and would not wish that on anyone.....I was on high level painkillers and still took loads of extra to try and kill the pain.

End result was an opp to cut the bulging disc away, two months off work and even longer taking it slow and easy.

I get aches and stiffness now because its a weak point.

Think about what you lift and how and please don't ignore the pain, you can be off a lot longer than a few days if you do!

Stradivarius-violin-007_zpse1defb3c.jpg
Case solved.

Just sorted cover for two of the vans, so day off it is.
I can't understand why your aching when you've got workers.And if you are putting a shift in then check your posture.

I been wfp longer then you and on big university buildings back in the day with heavy old poles.

Crack on .

Because I fell off a roof in 2006.

Each van has one person. Not two.

I a,so work part time - full time.

Guys and Girls......don't ignore back and neck pains!! Especially if you have had them on and off for a long time.

I started roofing at the age of 18 and at the age of 27 was having a lower back operation due to a prolapsed disc(slipped disc) As you can imagine, lots of heavy lifting and bending, I started to get pains running down my leg or in my foot, would come and go and just worked through it. I had a bit of physio but in the end the disc was so bad it was permanently pinching the nerves in my spine which is what causes sciatica. At that point i was in incredible pain and would not wish that on anyone.....I was on high level painkillers and still took loads of extra to try and kill the pain.

End result was an opp to cut the bulging disc away, two months off work and even longer taking it slow and easy.

I get aches and stiffness now because its a weak point.

Think about what you lift and how and please don't ignore the pain, you can be off a lot longer than a few days if you do!
Reading this made me laugh as I have the exact same problem! except I did gardening & tree work for years,not roofing I slipped disc in 2008 then again in Royal Marine training in 2011 now my back is really messed up, but I didn't want surgery as bad consequences can happen after!So I can 2nd this!

Funny enough I am seeing a back surgeon again today!

Y not a 2 man setup?
Because its part of my business plan for the future.

All ready had one person question my logic on my business and I sent a long PM after reading it they 110% agreed with it. And that was 2 months ago and it's already proving a massive return.

Tbh this will be my last post about my business.

If more people on forums worries about there own business and not others. They would be earning a lot more money.

And FYI all vans but mine is 2 man setup. I run off a trolley and have a mount in my van. So I am technically 2 man as well.

The thing with 2 men in one van is that you get through the actual cleaning in roughly half the time but you save on setting up/packing up time because you don't take any longer than one person, over the course of a day a couple of minutes on each job can really add up. Depends on the work in question though.

Back