Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Perfect window cleaning weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

21ff9407a4f291c1ea479696cb62c268.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Its fine up here all day. I have to fix my sliding van door because the cover came off. Nightmare, tried yesterday and only got the step off because screws were rusty. Not looking forward to it this morning but will enjoy cleaning windows this afternoon.

Should’ve seen it down here this morning lads, from 7 onwards it absolutely belted it down torrential, all the local drains are blocked up from the leaves it was like lake michigan round the corner from us.
Got in the van either way as if i take days off now i’m gonna be rescheduling during my christmas holidays which i’ll do everything i can to avoid. Hammered it down all the way to splott, arrived on the job at half 8 & it stopped just as i parked up! Winning [emoji123]

Should’ve seen it down here this morning lads, from 7 onwards it absolutely belted it down torrential, all the local drains are blocked up from the leaves it was like lake michigan round the corner from us.
Got in the van either way as if i take days off now i’m gonna be rescheduling during my christmas holidays which i’ll do everything i can to avoid. Hammered it down all the way to splott, arrived on the job at half 8 & it stopped just as i parked up! Winning [emoji123]

It was torrential here till about half 9. I rescheduled my first two jobs because the rain flows down the hill for hours after a downpour like that but I got the rest done. Well 3 to go but touch wood the weather looks a bit better. Bloody soaked though

Totally frozen up, wfp not much good today, think the rain os better than the freezing conditions, tried trad yesterday sills frozen solid

I made up a hose connection to connect to hold n cold taps so i could put 30degrees water through the di vessels into tank, but my wife gets annoyed as she needs sink at teatime:) ive got a 300wt pond heater.

Ive got a connection to convert outside tap to mix hotwater, from house, so i could set that at 30c

The forecast looked like today was right off, But I went out and managed 15 out of 20 planned jobs I went through 2 coats as got soaked by the end of today and it was near enough dark by 3.30pm.

Was looking at this to heat water into tank, attach it after di vessel, heats to max 50 degrees using 13amp plug, dont know if water pressure would be ok as dont know what it is coming out of di?

Screenshot_20181205-190531.png

The care homes are the way forward in this game. A company bought my old windy cleaners round and only did the care homes and left the rest. I know why, especially with brown stained windows and sills. I think I went through two cloths, nothing really to wipe and no doors to do.

It pays to have a good set of waterproofs and a pair of wellington boots today.
If it was that bad typically I wouldn't be out, But a full 5 days this week plus I had work left over from last week so needs must. 

Did 2 Care Homes, an office and a house. P!ssed down all day but no wind 
Yeah that was the only good thing about the weather, made a miserable day a little better 

Was looking at this to heat water into tank, attach it after di vessel, heats to max 50 degrees using 13amp plug, dont know if water pressure would be ok as dont know what it is coming out of di?

View attachment 15269
It will cost a small fortune to run more so filling a tank with 100's of litres of water, My wife asked about one and my the guy who renovated our house warned against one just for general use as a unit like that reheats the water to the maximum temperature every time it's used. Personally, I just don't get the fascination with hot water for wfp  I have managed around 10 years through every winter with cold water.  

Back