Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Poles freezing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Every business needs a plan of action which includes a budget plan. Learn alot from this forum and its all came together, never had a business like this and I have had a few. I sat down and reflected on all i have achieved this year and couldn't have done any better. Mechanic told me to hold on to my old van because new ones are far too complicated to work on but everyone likes to improve. Thanks everyone and especially the few that have driven me to succeed, I feel everything has now came together. ?

Every business needs a plan of action which includes a budget plan. Learn alot from this forum and its all came together, never had a business like this and I have had a few. I sat down and reflected on all i have achieved this year and couldn't have done any better. Mechanic told me to hold on to my old van because new ones are far too complicated to work on but everyone likes to improve. Thanks everyone and especially the few that have driven me to succeed, I feel everything has now came together. ?
The threads about poles freezing, but as usual, let’s make it about you

Last edited:
Was thinking about buying this to improve my winter preparations -

To be used with this -

Basically - Connect the air hose to my pole hose which is always connected to my ReelMaster which has 100m hose on it.

Blow the air/ standing water in pipes right back through the pump.

The air/standing water would not be able to enter the main water tank as I would turn tap off.

I have a splitter hose coming out of my tank so if I need pure I can get gravity fed water or I can drain the tank off if needed.

So with that gravity fed hose left open all standing water in the sytem would be blown out that hose so water could not freeze in the pipes or in the ReelMaster brass fitting.

To be used with this -

Basically - Connect the air hose to my pole hose which is always connected to my ReelMaster which has 100m hose on it.

The air/standing water would not be able to enter the main water tank as I would turn tap off.

I have a splitter hose coming out of my tank so if I need pure I can get gravity fed water or I can drain the tank off if needed.

So with that gravity fed hose left open all standing water in the sytem would be blown out that hose so water could not freeze in the pipes or in the ReelMaster brass fitting.
I just ran my diesel heater during the day and stuck a oil rad in van overnight. Got told tonight 3 church big houses all had burst pipes and a bit of a mess. They try and save money by not heating the attics and all the pipes up there burst. Going to be alot of burst pipes up here now the thaw.

To be used with this -

Should work but you might have issues on starting off with an air lock in the pump.

Should work but you might have issues on starting off with an air lock in the pump.
Just have to stick it on full blast to clear the air.

I am hoping that this will work because I wont need a radiator on just the immersion heater. I dont like having both on at the same time.

I just ran my diesel heater during the day and stuck a oil rad in van overnight. Got told tonight 3 church big houses all had burst pipes and a bit of a mess. They try and save money by not heating the attics and all the pipes up there burst. Going to be alot of burst pipes up here now the thaw.
Thats good when your working the next day but when we close for Christmas I want to be able completely clear out the system of water so the van doesn't need to be heated to protect stuff.

Surely it’s better to have too much work than not enough? Then yeah you will never catch-up but your making more money than you need so it’s no issue ??‍♂️
You don't want too much otherwise you'll struggle more so when we have all those bank holidays next year from Easter onwards plus bad weather I was losing £100's week after week you need to strike the right balance so you're not overstretched.

Thats good when your working the next day but when we close for Christmas I want to be able completely clear out the system of water so the van doesn't need to be heated to protect stuff.
To get the pump drawing water you'll most likely have to disconnect the hose from your reel with the pump running and suck on the hose to syphon the water through, the temperature ain't going to drop below 0c while we are off work anyway

The answer to anything mechanical is to run it everyday. What you are wanting to do can cause problems when you get back to working. If something does break then there's the downtime fixing it. On the rigs they employed drillers just to run the drill every 30mins to keep it greased and working. I thought it was a waste of money till they told me what happened the last time they shut it down, it cost over a million and lost millions in production. Can't be penny wise pound foolish in this game. I run my system everyday even when I'm not working so the pumps get turned. Used to run with one pump and the other one seized because it wasn't getting turned so cost a ton and a day's work. fwiw

The answer to anything mechanical is to run it everyday. What you are wanting to do can cause problems when you get back to working. If something does break then there's the downtime fixing it. On the rigs they employed drillers just to run the drill every 30mins to keep it greased and working. I thought it was a waste of money till they told me what happened the last time they shut it down, it cost over a million and lost millions in production. Can't be penny wise pound foolish in this game. I run my system everyday even when I'm not working so the pumps get turned. Used to run with one pump and the other one seized because it wasn't getting turned so cost a ton and a day's work. fwiw
Utter cack. I have 4 holidays a year and am on the same Shurflo pump after 13 years

You run your diesel heater in the day when your not working?you must be crazy....absolutely no need whatsoever and a complete waste of diesel and electric....

Either leave an oil filled radiator in the back if below freezing or turn your frost stat on.thats it....

You run your diesel heater in the day when your not working?you must be crazy....absolutely no need whatsoever and a complete waste of diesel and electric....

Either leave an oil filled radiator in the back if below freezing or turn your frost stat on.thats it....
I'm only running it for 15 to 30mins. I run my central heating for 15mins everyday even if its 30 centigrade outside and everyone laughs. My mate 40 year as a gas fitter told me his boiler has never broke down in 25 years so I asked him why. He told me it runs everyday so I decided to copy him. Reason we get boiler failures in October is because people switch their central heating off in June and turn it back on in October. Sir Isaac told us this fact centuries ago but no one is interested and always penny wise pound foolish. I understand a thing in nature which says everything must return to the mean but no one is interested. fwiw

We now have flooding and plus 10 degrees temperatures ????
I told everyone to put a heater in their attic and I received strange looks. Now I know of 3 homes ruined by burst pipes. I dealt with this event in fire service and it was only minus 5 so when I realised it was going to minus 10 I told everyone I knew. An attic becomes like a big freezer and the temperature mirrors what is outside unless we heat it. fwiw

Not too cold for a bbq for lunch though lol
Homemade kebabs today with kebab shop style chilli sauce

Attachments

• E6E3A936-229C-4E02-8A98-F7FBFB3E8F25.jpeg
    E6E3A936-229C-4E02-8A98-F7FBFB3E8F25.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 527E25DE-DEB7-44B7-ABF5-0194EA024908.jpeg
    527E25DE-DEB7-44B7-ABF5-0194EA024908.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
I listened to them both today, I preferred this one over DJ SS
Ken is a top bloke, he is how I got into jungle
I do love the dark stuff from ss though