Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pro and Cons of electric reels?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, if you have any experience of electric hose reels and you rate them or hate them and think they are a waste of money please let me

know what you think.

Thanks.
pros?.......easier on the body and very fast to reel in(pure freedom reelmaster)

cons?......i had to drive to pf as i had a problem with mine when it was delivered...personally i think it was dropped in transit and it knocked something out...they replaced the whole spindle section and its never missed a beat since in over 2 and a half years now.you will also have to charge your leisure battery(s) up every night to keep them in good condition.

im suffering with a back strain at the moment and not having to reel in by hand is a massive plus!

youll never go back to a manual reel thats for sure when you buy one mate......

Got the power up 3D about 4 months ago, never looked back, works perfect for me, saves so much time and effort. 

The only thing that should be added to the electric reels in the next generation is a remote rather than a wired button. 

Other than that, electric all the way

Been using powered reels since 2014 and would never go back. They don’t always save time but much nicer to use. 

My favourite reel is my first electric cox reel I had. No over run of hose, high torque and could easily fit 200M of microbore. It was just a little bit too slow. 

I don’t see any cons to using them ?
since I’ve had mine I’ve had 3 windys pull up and ask about them
Working days are noticeably easier on the body they reel in whichever direction hose is spooled out easily if it goes forwards I will wrap hose around my leg

Can’t comment on maintenance as not had mine too long. I’ve got a powerup3d and it’s brilliant, wish I’d of got it sooner 

Latest Posts

Back