Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loosing Customers To Wfp Guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Happens over here too Mike as I have seen some trad only cleaners bash wfp aswell.
What do you make of this website? :rolleyes:

http://www.thewindowman1.co.uk/
What are U.P.V.C FRAMES ? Makes me wonder if I'm scratching frames. I don't think I am. Is frame scratching a big problem in the UK? His site makes it sound like you guys have a BIG problem. :wacko:

What are U.P.V.C FRAMES ? Makes me wonder if I'm scratching frames. I don't think I am. Is frame scratching a big problem in the UK? His site makes it sound like you guys have a BIG problem. :wacko:
Plastic basically Mike, I wouldn't think they're that easy to scratch to be honest unless you hammering em with the brush.
I'm sure I'll be corrected on that though.

I don't know of any wfp brush with medium/soft bristles that would scratch plastic if keeped clean from brick & tile grit. Bashing frames with the stock of the brush however I would have thought would be a higher risk of damaging frames & window cills.

I've been trad for 12 years still love going up the ladders on some jobs but I'm also loving wfp on other jobs. As for speed well depends on the type of property!!! Anyway I'm always a sucker for a nice cup of tea and a 5 minute chat with my customers....this also gains there trust and often leads to other jobs gutter/faisia / inside cleans the odd blow job if your lucky we can only dream /emoticons/smile.png but at the end of the day it gets dark.

Joking aside many commercial cleaners clean windows inside & out on large supermarkets etc at night. Pressure washing paving etc is also done at night too. Go figure

Not to mention like this week clearing car parks & paving from snow & ice

While most of us are all sound a sleep in our beds cleaners are out there earning good money :rolleyes:

Joking aside many commercial cleaners clean windows inside & out on large supermarkets etc at night. Pressure washing paving etc is also done at night too. Go figure
Not to mention like this week clearing car parks & paving from snow & ice

While most of us are all sound a sleep in our beds cleaners are out there earning good money :rolleyes:

And that is exactly why I don't just do widows /emoticons/smile.png

Indeed /emoticons/biggrin.png

You can get alot of commercial carpet cleaning jobs done at night too :rolleyes:

Some contracts I clean have 6 monthly cycles...... Wfp cleaned and they still look like ****! I try and use trad on most job but some companies dont like ladders used on site elf n safety ****..... blah blah

I knew one local builder turned window cleaner, He just used Wfp on every job even inside a shopping center and caused a flood! He couldn't even do Trad work he never even knew what an applicator or squeegee was! /emoticons/smile.png

Im picking up work every where lol. Its flippin crazy.

I get at least 1 customer of one of my 2 rivals in my village every 2 sometimes 3 weeks.

There's a few window cleaners WFP guys that are ment to clean windows every 4 weeks, They have taken on to much work and not employing and weather there now getting round every 6/8 weeks. Im picking up a lot from them too. I dont think its due to them being WFP there late all that time im told.

I started off doing 100% wfp about a year ago. Now I'm doing 60% trad and 40% wfp.

I've never had any complaints regarding wfp but I just feel trad offers better quality. I love detailing windows with scrim or cloth especially when I know the client is watching. And tbh's on bungalows and straight forward semi's trad is so much easier. Hated having to run hoses around the houses etc... However, wfp is a must have these days for commercial work and sky lights. Comes in very handy.

I started off doing 100% wfp about a year ago. Now I'm doing 60% trad and 40% wfp.
I've never had any complaints regarding wfp but I just feel trad offers better quality. I love detailing windows with scrim or cloth especially when I know the client is watching. And tbh's on bungalows and straight forward semi's trad is so much easier. Hated having to run hoses around the houses etc... However, wfp is a must have these days for commercial work and sky lights. Comes in very handy.
i agree im more 70wfp and 30 trad . i do bungalows and ground floor flats trad but, houses and anything with upstairs with wfp. got to be the best and the safest.

i have taken on a lot more work which i could not have if i didnt have my backpack for wfp, height and over conservatories windows. quicker the second time around. i dont overcharge because i do wfp cleaning.

I was 100% traditional now do 70% waterfed ,still ladder some properties if safe but makes me laugh when people pole bottoms,picked up four today of guys who water fed bottoms as customers were watching me,you shouldn't reach n wash ground floor.

Back