Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PUMP PROBLEM!!!!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi everyone, 

I need some help. I'm currently running with the facelift 350l tank but since the come weather I've lost a lot of pressure in my hose, even at 99 it seems to still trickle out. I've tried auto calibration but comes up with error. Any help would be appreciated 

Hi everyone, 

I need some help. I'm currently running with the facelift 350l tank but since the come weather I've lost a lot of pressure in my hose, even at 99 it seems to still trickle out. I've tried auto calibration but comes up with error. Any help would be appreciated 
Flow and pressure aren't the same, although interrelated.  99 is flow, what is your calibration set on.

When auto calibrating the controller you need to have your pole connected with the 'tap' open set to the flow rate you feel best working at. In other words if the flow rate you work with is 55 then use that setting  and then auto calibrate.

Have you unravelled all hose to check for a kink? Battery charged?
Fully charged battery and had hose unravelled all the way

Flow and pressure aren't the same, although interrelated.  99 is flow, what is your calibration set on.

When auto calibrating the controller you need to have your pole connected with the 'tap' open set to the flow rate you feel best working at. In other words if the flow rate you work with is 55 then use that setting  and then auto calibrate.
I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know 

Check Battery condition then check ALL relevant electrical connections. Winter will find any weakness in your electrical lines, for me, it's usually the inline fuse connection. Where the two spades connect to the 10amp fuse, it furs up after a couple of years. I've just had the same issue last week, replaced the fuse, nipped the spades up with pliers and put a smear of vaseline on the fuse stems. 

Check Battery condition then check ALL relevant electrical connections. Winter will find any weakness in your electrical lines, for me, it's usually the inline fuse connection. Where the two spades connect to the 10amp fuse, it furs up after a couple of years. I've just had the same issue last week, replaced the fuse, nipped the spades up with pliers and put a smear of vaseline on the fuse stems. 
Thanks for the reply, I'll change the fuse and see if that helps. Just tried auto calibration again and still and error, now I have no water coming through and pumps on full 

Fully charged battery and had hose unravelled all the way

I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know 

I have no water coming through at all now even with pump on full 

Thanks for the reply, I'll change the fuse and see if that helps. Just tried auto calibration again and still and error, now I have no water coming through and pumps on full 

I have no water coming through at all now even with pump on full 
I found auto cal a p.i.a as it didn't work, I just adjust the cal manually if you know how to do it just do that far easier, 

Extend your pole to your first floor window and run the pump, at the correct cal setting the pump should run without issue, put the cal up to 50 for example and see what happens if it runs for 30 seconds without issue it's fine, if not keep increasing by 3-4 until it works as it should. 

For my setup I would be looking for

1. a kink in the hose

2. a stop connector that has opened because it's faulty or the male fitting wasn't inserted completely.

3. ice in the hose. The weather has been very cold overnight and it's possible for water in the hose to have frozen even if you have a heater in the van.

4. If there is no response from the pump then I would check pump wiring connections and battery issues. Also check for a blown fuse.

5. I would then get some twin flex cable and check to see if the pump runs if powered directly from the battery.

Hi, I need some help! I lost pressure over the weekend now I have no water coming through what so ever. I've disconnected everything, ran pump from battery and controller and still now water. Any help would be muchly appreciated 

You have to start with the basics. Work from tank towards brush to find where issue is.

What voltage is the battery at?

If you disconnect the pipe from tank to strainer do you get water flowing out?

If you disconnect the hose at the outlet on the pump and run the pump on max do you get water out at decent rate?

Plug in a spare male connect to the end of your hose reel and run things, do you get water out at decent pressure?

If at any of the above steps you don't get what you would expect then you have an idea at what point in the system you have an issue. Hope that helps.

so many posts about pump problems lately!....most of the time its a calibration issue,airlock or frozen hoses...

SET YOUR CAL HIGHER

RUN YOUR PUMP ON FULL FOR A FEW MINS AND CONNECT AND DISCONNECT YOUR REEL HOSE A FEW TIMES

MAKE SURE YOUR HOSE ISNT FROZEN

make sure your strainer isnt blocked too!

You have to start with the basics. Work from tank towards brush to find where issue is.

What voltage is the battery at?

If you disconnect the pipe from tank to strainer do you get water flowing out?

If you disconnect the hose at the outlet on the pump and run the pump on max do you get water out at decent rate?

Plug in a spare male connect to the end of your hose reel and run things, do you get water out at decent pressure?

If at any of the above steps you don't get what you would expect then you have an idea at what point in the system you have an issue. Hope that helps.
Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Battery is fully charged, 13.5.

Disconnected brush and pole, everything is okay from that. 

Removed connection to hose reel, no water, however I was sucking to see if air was stuck and some came out, trickled a little then stopped. 

Pump is on max, doesn't seem to auto turn off like before 

First thing I always do is disconnect at the pump out pipe and turn pump up to max. If it's an air lock this will get it out. Also check inline filter, if you have one, doesn't take a lot to block that. 
Thanks for the reply. 

Done both and no change, pump just keeps running 

Back