Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question for Immersion heater users.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah! I see it now thanks. Your explanation was funny even though it was totally accurate. Made me think of Abbot and Costello. "Who's on First" YouTube, for anyone who's too young to know it. ?
Used to like Abbot and Costello lol

My old best mate today installed my immersion went smoothly no hiccups have got it on switched on for a few hours a little trial run, just got to insulate tank now. 

4454ECE8-1175-485A-B680-CF31EE35FF04.jpeg

F8D7AAEC-BC26-4284-A9C9-E12E6797EB82.jpeg

47695BDE-11AD-4A4D-A6A5-C441B857375D.jpeg

Looks good Den. Changing an immersion should be a doddle, but it shouldn't be necessary for at least a couple of years. I hadn't realised you could get that type of gland/flange fitting. I'd have used one if I had known.

Hope it’s lucky for you ??

Looks good Den. Changing an immersion should be a doddle, but it shouldn't be necessary for at least a couple of years. I hadn't realised you could get that type of gland/flange fitting. I'd have used one if I had known.

Hope it’s lucky for you ??
Now the mechanical flange is Installed replacement should take approx 1 minute lol. 

Thank you for your advise it helped me watch my mate install it for me ??? just got to suss out watch temp to set it at as the thermostat doesn’t tell you what is,  it as a dial that show a - to a + so have only turned it to just over 3/4 towards to + sign. 

That's probably a wise setting to start out with and make sure it's all good. I'd give it a bit of time to get some heat in. Before you do the insulation I'd feel around the opposite corners of the tank and see if the heat is spreading ok. If it's getting heat to the diagonally opposite corner I'd crack on with lashings of insulation, cutting a flap (2 sides and bottom) for access to the immersion and another for the lid. Start a bit bigger with the flaps and reduce the size of each flap slightly so that the cuts are not In line. This will help keep the heat in. I can't see that it would need any kind of circulation pump. Mine does it itself with simple thermal circulation. The hot water keeps rising in the corner from the immersion and so the water circulates itself. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.??

That's probably a wise setting to start out with and make sure it's all good. I'd give it a bit of time to get some heat in. Before you do the insulation I'd feel around the opposite corners of the tank and see if the heat is spreading ok. If it's getting heat to the diagonally opposite corner I'd crack on with lashings of insulation, cutting a flap (2 sides and bottom) for access to the immersion and another for the lid. Start a bit bigger with the flaps and reduce the size of each flap slightly so that the cuts are not In line. This will help keep the heat in. I can't see that it would need any kind of circulation pump. Mine does it itself with simple thermal circulation. The hot water keeps rising in the corner from the immersion and so the water circulates itself. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.??
Will do ? my tank is a very odd shape so I’m a little concern with heat distribution will give it a week or so to see if a aquarium pump needed. 

Back