Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Question for Immersion heater users.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just goes to show how little thread there is only 5mm from rubber washer to end of thread. 

3EAAEE6B-17C0-414A-B9F4-CE8684B73694.jpeg

As the heater is going up against plastic I wonder if a fibre washer might be a bit thinner?
No need in my case I will be using a mechanical flange it allows you to use on thicker bulkheads so shouldn’t be a problem, I only know this due to recent research asking lots of questions lol.

will post photos when it arrives ?

This is what I remember seeing - it’s a two piece nut that you attach to the tank and it stays in place. Might be worth looking around to see if anyone can provide what thickness material it will fit....

View attachment 22951
After speaking to a couple of guys that have used these it would seem that there is more thread and easier to install than the normal solder flange  ?

another cleaner on fb posted close up photos of the mechanical flange not installed straight out of the box can use for thicker bulkhead and also easier to install lower down the tank as you  don’t need to reach in to the tank to thread on the immersion heater. 

Have ordered one will post close photos when I receive it ?

thanks again for the info.

No need in my case I will be using a mechanical flange it allows you to use on thicker bulkheads so shouldn’t be a problem, I only know this due to recent research asking lots of questions lol.

will post photos when it arrives ?
Just looked up mechanical flange and seems perfect. I didn't know they existed. Great, thanks for posting, looking forward to seeing installation pickys?

Three rolls of insulation from Aldi £9 a roll ready for when the immersion is is installed ?

D1C92CD4-FD37-40CF-9FDF-02FFA90D053E.jpeg

Photos and measurements ?

the inner flange thread is 15mm 

flange washer is 2mm 

maxium gap between inner and outer flange is 12mm 

this mechanical flange gives approx 5mm more threat to bite on than the solder flange tha M Munro and Squeaky clean used.

hope this helps someone that is thinking about installing a immersion heater.

CF53A9DA-2676-4A1F-AC7B-FA39826D333D.jpeg

E34A26CC-F5AF-45CD-AEE2-C0BD92542F4B.jpeg

4B62EC63-AFE7-48C7-A84F-C998F793EC46.jpeg

Immersion spinner £2.95 on eBay 

D1323441-FB54-4B05-888A-8D9CBCF6FE94.jpeg

Do the two flanges tighten into each other with the tank wall clamped in between? If that's the case does the inner sleeve have a thread that the immersion screws into?

Do the two flanges tighten into each other with the tank wall clamped in between? If that's the case does the inner sleeve have a thread that the immersion screws into?
Pretend the sparkly coaster is the tank wall 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah! I see it now thanks. Your explanation was funny even though it was totally accurate. Made me think of Abbot and Costello. "Who's on First" YouTube, for anyone who's too young to know it. ?

Back