Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain gods don't stop us

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How f**king dare you! You need to get some help, that's all you talk about... That sort of thing.

200.gif
It’s a great subject!

Off to Berlin in the morning, so will be downing some of that German karate juice ?

That’s your choice mate, good luck to you.

I love my weekends and the thought of pushing a pole up and down on a Saturday or Sunday horrifies me.

Would rather be enjoying myself 
Each to their own I suppose. The beauty about working for yourself is that you don’t have to work around a strict routine. Much prefer to work in the sun on a Saturday for a few hours than get wet through workin in the rain and end up making your self ill. I used to hate it back when I was an employee as I had no choice. Your only doing the same work but on different days of the week and whatever I had planned for the weekend I’ll do on my day off. Simples.?

Each to their own I suppose. The beauty about working for yourself is that you don’t have to work around a strict routine. Much prefer to work in the sun on a Saturday for a few hours than get wet through workin in the rain and end up making your self ill. I used to hate it back when I was an employee as I had no choice. Your only doing the same work but on different days of the week and whatever I had planned for the weekend I’ll do on my day off. Simples.?
Saturday isn’t just a ‘different day’ though.

There’s football to go to, horse racing, local pub is vibrant. But more importantly, my wife and sons are not working on the weekends, so can also spend time with them.

As I said, I love weekends and weekdays don’t compare in my opinion.

But as you say, each to their own 

Saturday isn’t just a ‘different day’ though.

There’s football to go to, horse racing, local pub is vibrant. But more importantly, my wife and sons are not working on the weekends, so can also spend time with them.

As I said, I love weekends and weekdays don’t compare in my opinion.

But as you say, each to their own 
I’m guessing from your avatar that your a millwall fan? If so I rest my case........

Millwall has a reputation hanging over it which I don’t think it deserves anymore. A very very small percentage of fans cause trouble. The club does a lot of good in the community i here. 

@steve garwood is there still a section closed off atm ? 

Millwall has a reputation hanging over it which I don’t think it deserves anymore. A very very small percentage of fans cause trouble. The club does a lot of good in the community i here. 

@steve garwood is there still a section closed off atm ? 
No, not anymore.

Millwall do have nutters. I will admit it’s something I’ve flirted with in the past, however, now is very different, you will only find trouble if you’re looking for it.

As the saying goes, if you pull a lions tail expect to be bitten.

Both my sons have been mascots and for doing schemes in a clubs surrounding area, Millwall won football club of the year last season.

If it’s good enough for Liz, it’s good enough for me ?

EAFD388E-F023-46C5-B098-8122EB6AB053.jpeg

Anyway, back on topic to the people I want to communicate with, just out of interest, when you switched to WFP, did you tell them from now on you can work in the rain?

Its a good idea to do so, or they’ll always have the mentality that you shouldn’t be doing it ?

Lot ov fussy tight  people up north who think there wasting the money !you know the ones that u can do in rain workers who won't be there to moan ?for example we clean 100 statics on a retirement site it's a no go area in the rain 

No, not anymore.

Millwall do have nutters. I will admit it’s something I’ve flirted with in the past, however, now is very different, you will only find trouble if you’re looking for it.

As the saying goes, if you pull a lions tail expect to be bitten.

Both my sons have been mascots and for doing schemes in a clubs surrounding area, Millwall won football club of the year last season.

If it’s good enough for Liz, it’s good enough for me ?

View attachment 15902
Fair enough.

West ham fans are harder anyway...

Living in Bournemouth we don’t have a rivalry really. Southampton, 30 miles away but their beef is with Portsmouth. 

I remember back around ‘99 going to Bournemouth V Leeds with dad. I would of been 8 or 9. And my dad made us leave early and we had to walk really fast home. It was only when we got home he told me that the Leeds fans had been trying to get into the Bournemouth crowd to fight. And apparently that evening they smashed up a pub and a few shops & cars. Shame. 

Dont really know why they did. 

You seen much action @steve garwood ?

Living in Bournemouth we don’t have a rivalry really. Southampton, 30 miles away but their beef is with Portsmouth. 

I remember back around ‘99 going to Bournemouth V Leeds with dad. I would of been 8 or 9. And my dad made us leave early and we had to walk really fast home. It was only when we got home he told me that the Leeds fans had been trying to get into the Bournemouth crowd to fight. And apparently that evening they smashed up a pub and a few shops & cars. Shame. 

Dont really know why they did. 

You seen much action @steve garwood ?
Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game ?

Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game ?
You managed to beat my team, Derby, the other week, with only one shot on target. It was an awful game, but fair play to Millwall for taking their chance.

On the subject of weather, this has been my worst run of weather in the last 12 months. I lost 2.5 days last week because of the rain and the winds this week are making ladder work impossible. It's also very noticeable as to how quickly the windows mucky up again in this wind. It can happen in the space of a day

Yeh and also the wind is crazy as well atm.  It’ll be calm one minute, then enough to blow over a step ladder the next minute.

Yesterday was the heaviest rain I’d seen in months around lunch time. I had the windows closed and the telly on yet the rain outside was so loud hitting my neighbours porch roof. 

Back