Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain gods don't stop us

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ashamed to admit yes. I used to love it when I was in my twenties.

The buzz of being on an away turf mobbed up with Millwall then having it with their boys was very addictive.

I got nicked at ewood park, white hart lane and then at elland road.

On the third court appearance I was nearly 25 and was told by the judge one more appearance and I was looking at a custodial sentence. Time to stop.

I went to school with one of Millwalls top boys to this day. He is 53 and owns a very big electrical firm, a very rich man.

I saw him in a pub in Bermondsey a month or so back and asked him why he still does it.

He replied he’s given up smoking and coke, but the buzz of hooligism is to strong for him.

My mates and I just have a good beer at home games now and cheer them on even though the football at the den this season has been dreadful apart from the Everton game ?
Fair enough. Good on you for admitting it but getting yourself out of it. It’s a dangerous lifestyle I think, so many people under the influence of cocaine now, it’s so common, which heightens your aggression levels massively but also numbs pain when in a fight apparently, a bad combination. Plus so many people carry knives sadly. Too dangerous & scary. 

I’m naturally the opposite, I don’t like confrontation really and will always try to defuse a scenario unless it’s gone too far. 

I remember watching a documentary on football violence a few months ago, following a spurs fan for some of it. He was addicted to the lifestyle too. He seemed like a nice normal bloke as well.

I had Millwall scrapping 6th in my August predictions on a WhatsApp group I’m in, I watched a lot of their televised games last year, was really impressed with them. 

You fancy your chances against Brighton? 

I’ve missed yesterday and today due to the weather. I was hoping to get out tomorrow but currently darksky is saying it’s dangerous windows tomorrow as well. 

Guess its it’s a case of catching up on busy work and waiting for this to blow over ?

Yeh and also the wind is crazy as well atm.  It’ll be calm one minute, then enough to blow over a step ladder the next minute.

Yesterday was the heaviest rain I’d seen in months around lunch time. I had the windows closed and the telly on yet the rain outside was so loud hitting my neighbours porch roof. 
I was clearing gutters in Newmarket yesterday, pulled on site at 1.00 and at 5 past the heavens opened. Gutter vac was full of water in 20 minutes, did make the gutters easier to clear though. What I really struggled with was how cold it actually was as well.

Fair enough. Good on you for admitting it but getting yourself out of it. It’s a dangerous lifestyle I think, so many people under the influence of cocaine now, it’s so common, which heightens your aggression levels massively but also numbs pain when in a fight apparently, a bad combination. Plus so many people carry knives sadly. Too dangerous & scary. 

I’m naturally the opposite, I don’t like confrontation really and will always try to defuse a scenario unless it’s gone too far. 

I remember watching a documentary on football violence a few months ago, following a spurs fan for some of it. He was addicted to the lifestyle too. He seemed like a nice normal bloke as well.

I had Millwall scrapping 6th in my August predictions on a WhatsApp group I’m in, I watched a lot of their televised games last year, was really impressed with them. 

You fancy your chances against Brighton? 
Honest answer, no.

Better let the topic continue before we get told off ?

I was clearing gutters in Newmarket yesterday, pulled on site at 1.00 and at 5 past the heavens opened. Gutter vac was full of water in 20 minutes, did make the gutters easier to clear though. What I really struggled with was how cold it actually was as well.
Yeh I know, was freezing here, van dropped down to 3.5 degrees while I was driving in the afternoon. 

And yeh, I like wet moss & leaves, but if the down pipes are partly blocked, sucking up loads of standing water is annoying. The vac weighs a ton! 

Honest answer, no.

Better let the topic continue before we get told off ?
Ok. It’s good to see you’ve channelled all the passion & aggression into the windows? Haha

Latest Posts

Back