Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rude customer....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep had that experience, quite unnerving, when someone basically calling you a overpricing cowboy.  Some  people think we should be on £10 an hour others are nice n reasonable.
True.....I had a customer for years and he said if you put the price up  I'll sack you....this was many years ago now...so I went to put his price up from £5 to £6 which was perfectly reasonable and fair at the time IMO....he got rid of me......now I see him virtually every month,never cleaned his windows for many years now but I clean all the neighbours.....he s also commented on me driving a new van.....some people dont like to see you doing too well....

Luckily these sorts of ex customers are very rare these days....idiots.....??

True.....I had a customer for years and he said if you put the price up  I'll sack you....this was many years ago now...so I went to put his price up from £5 to £6 which was perfectly reasonable and fair at the time IMO....he got rid of me......now I see him virtually every month,never cleaned his windows for many years now but I clean all the neighbours.....he s also commented on me driving a new van.....some people dont like to see you doing too well....

You will begin to notice that some folk live in bitterness and nothing will change them. Usually something has happened in their lives and they can't forgive what happened and move on. You usually find they have very few friends and becoming a loner makes them worse. Better not get involved in these toxic people because all they bring is resentment. ? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh man. I wouldn't have given him the opportunity. Not with that attitude and not with being forwarned so knowing what was coming on the mention of a justified, keep pace with inflation price increase.

I would not have been back. I would not have been in touch. If and when he made contact to ask why. My standard, "left hook, answer"..."You're not a customer for me, I gave your space to the next person on my waiting list".

I have to say 99% people are amazing.

I think only dumped 2 customers in 14 years hence why my decision at the start of this thread was not a hasty one

You will begin to notice that some folk live in bitterness and nothing will change them. Usually something has happened in their lives and they can't forgive what happened and move on. You usually find they have very few friends and becoming a loner makes them worse. Better not get involved in these toxic people because all they bring is resentment. ? 
that is so true, or they have depression and they don't know it. It's our job to filter them out and protect our business. This is true in our private life as well

Back