Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Short 2 section pole grip

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all.

Recently I've started using a broken down 2 section Gardiner pole to cover all bungalows. This light option has made quite a big difference to my poor old joints at the end of the day. 😎

However, I find the narrow pole a bit awkward and not a comfortable grip. (I have spades for hands.)

I wondered if anyone uses some kind of pole grips or something to widen out the pole where I'm gripping without adding much weight to it?

Any help on the subject greatly appreciated
Thank you πŸ‘Œ

Hi all.

Recently I've started using a broken down 2 section Gardiner pole to cover all bungalows. This light option has made quite a big difference to my poor old joints at the end of the day. 😎

However, I find the narrow pole a bit awkward and not a comfortable grip. (I have spades for hands.)

I wondered if anyone uses some kind of pole grips or something to widen out the pole where I'm gripping without adding much weight to it?

Thank you πŸ‘Œ
If you start adding additional grip material to a pole your (light) pole becomes heavier.
I think you are the only person to bring up the matter as we all use poles in their OEM configuration.

Wear thicker gloves

You can always think outside the box and measure the pole diameter with a caliper and look online for rubber grips, spots grip tape or neoprene rubber sheet and cover it with wide form heat shrink to stop it from breaking up.

Just a side note. If you are gripping your pole too tightly your overall technique is incorrect. You need a light grip to mitigate wrist and lower arm injuries.

Examples

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use foam handlebar tape on my pole to increase it's diameter.

I was having problems with the ulna nerve getting trapped in both wrists. I was recommended to try increasing the the pole circumference of the lower section where I grip it most. The idea came from an acquaintance of mine who used to suffer a similar problems when he played tennis. A sports physio recommended he try it with his racket grip. It worked for him and seems to have worked for me as I don't have nearly as much of a problem as I used to.

Different reason I know for wanting to increase your pole diameter but could work for you as you can layer it if you need to to get the required grip.

I do have a similar problem with a shortened #1 section of pole I use for cleaning my car. Feels awkward because it's so narrow but I only use it for short periods of time so I haven't as yet taped it up. I might give it a go though next time I get some tape.

Got my handlebar tape from Amazon

Hi all.

Thank you πŸ‘Œ
@Stratf01 Don't know if there any difference in the width of a longer pole broken down into sections rather than an actual low level pole, but I use a CLX8 on a few bungalows and it's brilliant. The diameter of the pole feels appropriate for the shorter length of the pole if you see what I mean.

I also use a two section pole for some customers. Totally agree this helps with wrist pain issue’ s etc. I use sections 4 and 5. They are not as thin as 1 and 2. You will have to find a solution to fit a gooseneck in section 4. Using the top end of a euro thread goose neck and some electrical tape, fits well in section 4.

I also use a two section pole for some customers. Totally agree this helps with wrist pain issue’ s etc. I use sections 4 and 5. They are not as thin as 1 and 2. You will have to find a solution to fit a gooseneck in section 4. Using the top end of a euro thread goose neck and some electrical tape, fits well in section 4.
Thanks mate that's a good idea to try too

Back