Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

South east show me the ropes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can I just ask then what's the motive behind your YouTube vids if not to help people out for free ? And surely it takes time to put together 

I can throw a YT video together in spare time in as much time as it takes you to watch the video - you can then go practice at your leisure - you aren't there with me in person slowing me down during a busy day if you get my drift.

I am also a first aid instructor and don’t  have any qualms about charging ones for that

??

I'm in Bedfordshire and you're more than welcome to jump in a van with me for the day or with one of my franchisee's.

I don't mind helping out others because more times the not through talking to new people I think of something new or learn something.
Can I come for a ride in your van ?

1 day won't really show you anything though, I'm not having a go at you or trying to put you off as anyone that leaves a paid job to go self employed will always have my utmost respect. It will cost you around three hundred quid to buy a back pack and a pole, not exactly a big capital outlay, and you can then buy some pure and try yourself. If it's not for you then you'll probably get £200 for the equipment and had clean windows for a few months. There are plenty of videos, even our infamous @Green Pro Clean Ltd has some, of how to clean windows on YouTube, this will give you just as much info as being out with someone. The hard part is getting customers, running the business and going out in the freezing cold to wash windows with cold water on your own for 8 hours. No training course or day out will teach you this, and until you face it you won't know if the job is for you. So my advice of cleaning your, family and friends, windows, build your round up whilst still working, stands. Good luck whatever you decide. 
Totally agree.

My sister laid out thousands of pounds setting up a tropical fish shop. It fell flat on its ar5e.

Now buying water is easy, a backpack and pole is the next outlay. 

As you said, practice on your friends gaffs.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?

Totally agree.

My sister laid out thousands of pounds setting up a tropical fish shop. It fell flat on its ar5e.

Now buying water is easy, a backpack and pole is the next outlay. 

As you said, practice on your friends gaffs.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?
Ah that’s a shame, I like looking around fish & pet shops.

my mate who now cleans used to be a trainee hair dresser in a salon.

I said now when you compare it to window Cleaning it’s chalk & cheese.

He said his boss, spent like £30,000+ on the salon, works Monday-Saturdays & all the stress & responsibilities that go with running staff, an a salon and he said she was on like £30,000 a year.  But hair dressing is a good skill I admit.

Yeah of course mate ?

yeah of course mate ?

I have taken out about 5 or 6 guys whom wanted to get into window cleaning. Every single one of them is still cleaning windows and they range from one man bands to multiple van operation. You can always learn something of someone so I am more than happy to take someone out in my van for the day. I believe William was the second or third guy I took out when I was really ill and he sort of planted a small seed about franchising in my head.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So for a long time Iv tried to find a job window cleaning slot of the time they want someone with experience I just can't get my foot in the door 

Is there any guys in South east area who will give me a leg up for a few days give me a bit of experience and a general idea of what it's like thanks in advance 
Where abouts are you in the south east mate? I'm not far from Portsmouth and your welcome to jump in the van with me at somepoint. I rarely do Saturdays but if you have a weekday free anytime your welcome. I gotta say definately agree with watching youtube and practicing and learn as you go. 4 years ago I had never even heard of WFP but I watched videos bought the gear and cleaned my windows over and over then families. The reatbi learnt as I went the first time I got asked to clean guttering or a conservatory roof I booked them in a week or so in advance then came home and learnt how to do it on you tube and ordered any gear I needed lol

Where abouts are you in the south east mate? I'm not far from Portsmouth and your welcome to jump in the van with me at somepoint. I rarely do Saturdays but if you have a weekday free anytime your welcome. I gotta say definately agree with watching youtube and practicing and learn as you go. 4 years ago I had never even heard of WFP but I watched videos bought the gear and cleaned my windows over and over then families. The reatbi learnt as I went the first time I got asked to clean guttering or a conservatory roof I booked them in a week or so in advance then came home and learnt how to do it on you tube and ordered any gear I needed lol
Hi mate I'm located near Oxford bit of a drive but if I get a few days off would be up for it mate might be a month or so from now though would that be any good for you ? Again much appreciated your a gent bud ?

Hi mate I'm located near Oxford bit of a drive but if I get a few days off would be up for it mate might be a month or so from now though would that be any good for you ? Again much appreciated your a gent bud ?
Yeah oxfords a bit of a trek but only about an hour if the a34 isnt too bad!! If you do mate feel free to drop me a private message on here and we can sort something. I'm away on holiday for part of  August but other than that anytime I'm at work your welcome 

Don’t mean to hijack this thread but don’t see the point in making another...

Anyone mind if I tagged along for the day or even a few hours? Don’t mind being someone’s lackey and I’ll even buy lunch at a reasonable cost ?

I see people get slaughtered for asking and I see the reasons behind it. 

But Its either seeking permission or I end up stalking someone ?

I live in Southampton. 

Latest Posts

Back