Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk hybrid brush my view

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Then deffo rinse on the glass for everything. Why? Do you rinse on for one or the other or do you lift off for both?

I used to pull off for both which for me, can only be done using pencil jets. Once i swapped to fans i had to swap to rinsing on, cause if you pull off water just goes everywhere and spotting is going to happen, but trying the wagtail jetstream was the beginning of me basically wanting/needing a better/faster rinse than pencils offer

I can deffo feel a vid coming on, and i'll even have to talk!!!!!! I hate the sound of my own voice but it will be impossible or way to long winded to write the method i use.

Is it worth starting a new thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
I rinse off, tempted to rinse on. Looking forward to your vid mate.
Right just for you tuffers i'll knock a vid together this weekend cause i need the missus to video while i use the pole and comment

and for me too keir...i missed one of yours a while back and was annoyed....my poor brush has alopecia....i keep seeing its little red bristles everywhere...so keeping an eye out for a new un soon...

looking forward for the video keir so your using fan jets rinsing on glass all the time

I,m using superlite also really fast only down side brush wears quick

Woo hoo just ordered a gopro hero 3!!!

Always wanted one, nothing to do with this topic but got a couple of trips coming up which i want to document plus i can play with it on my mtb and motorbike. I really wish i had one for my trip through the pyranees last year, photo's just didnt do it justice.

So my first play with it will be a 'rinsing on the glass' vid /emoticons/biggrin.png:specs:cool:

Duncs, i use fans on my two extreme medium mixed, also on the extreme hybrid, medium sill for pvc and the tecbuk hybrid.

But on the superlite wide i still use pencils, because the flow and pressure settings to get the fans working properly would mean using a lot of water due to being four jets.

So before i do these vids, i just want to clarify that by rinsing on the glass i mean i start the rinse on the glass and then pull off to finish the pane, i don't keep the brush on the glass for the whole pane:

but i will experiment for the vids to see exactly what i can get away with. I have to admit that my confidence has gone through the roof since mastering rinsing on, not that i was cautious or unsure of what i was doing before, its just that i feel i am using wfp as it was intended rather than trying to invent my own technique.

Also i will do a vid for each brush so we can see how each brush behaves and maybe we can answer some questions that have been ongoing for sometime.

Hopefully these vids will help all of us, it'll help me by experimenting and seeing exactly what the results are and what i can get away with, and hopefully help the newbs so they don't waste time learning by reinventing the wheel, and feeling nervous of the results.

i have been on youtube to find something similar and i couldn't find any vids which directly cover this topic, so bear with me they might not be perfect first time round but it'll be fun trying.

No, basically once i have cleaned the pane i then spin the brush by ninety degrees, (this is where the swivel neck and the angle of the brush is really important)

Then sweep the brush up to one of the top corners depending on a few different factors that i'll talk about in the vids.

Then go across the top of the pane, i then lift off and rinse as normal. So for the extreme wide which is 350mm i start the pull off rinse about 300mm below the top of the frame.

Does that make sense? I thought it would be harder to explain lol

Try it tomorrow, it will take a few panes before you can see what you have to alter. The main thing is if you do it slightly wrong it will leave brush marks and spot horizontally, thats the bit i'm on about by explaining in the vids it will be much easier to show you rather than explain. But if you have a play i'm sure it will become self evident, you don't actually need fans to do it either, the fans are just so when i do pull off that i get the rinse i have been after

Don't forget now with that gopro you can do gutter surveys too without getting yer ladders off the van /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back