Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk hybrid brush my view

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that enail sounds like it was frm (maurice richardson) could b rong tho but if it was him i recermended him to buy this brush as i also have the old hibrid i i gota say its ace ill b ordering a nother soon with a dule trim boarse hair ur dead rite about the scrubing power of the boarse hair u just csant beat it

Yes it was Maurice, tench0771; he brought the Hybrid brush a few weeks ago. I just sent him couple more Hybrids as well as a Dual Trim Boars Brush to try.

I told him about the new First Clean Hybrid Brush, that I haven’t got around to advertising yet, and I offered to make him a Maintenance Clean Hybrid Brush with more Boars Hair in the centre, if he needs it for him climate and type of work.

At the moment it does sound like he’s happy with the current 18% Boars Hair Hybrid brush.

Yes it was Maurice, tench0771; he brought the Hybrid brush a few weeks ago. I just sent him couple more Hybrids as well as a Dual Trim Boars Brush to try.

I told him about the new First Clean Hybrid Brush, that I haven’t got around to advertising yet, and I offered to make him a Maintenance Clean Hybrid Brush with more Boars Hair in the centre, if he needs it for him climate and type of work.

At the moment it does sound like he’s happy with the current 18% Boars Hair Hybrid brush.
yes he is very happy with it think he was asking about the black one to the other day to ,the ozzys clean different to us in uk there not so frequent so need scrubing power for the fly poo an exsseve dirt bild up

@Richard i was looking around your site the other day, could you describe/explain the difference between the polyester and monofilament brushes for me.

Also please totally disregard this if need be, but if i were you i wouldnt enter into these discussions about which brush is best. For me, only because it is just such personal thing to each cleaner, i reckon you have some of us who love your brushes and others who are gonna 'discuss' lol on the contrary till they are blue in the face, even if they have never tried one

Its a bit like a pub argument about cars or bikes, there is no one that is better its just someones opinion versus another

I understand that you are trying to explain the reasons and facts but i cant help feeling after reading through these pages and others that no one is going to win lol

Now i friggin love your brushes and will buy more, once i understand the difference between your red brushes and black brushes

I also love gardiners brushes, and have most of their range, but i like yours better lmao

Feel free to pm the answer on red and black so as not to stir up another hornets nest lmao

@Richard i was looking around your site the other day, could you describe/explain the difference between the polyester and monofilament brushes for me.
Also please totally disregard this if need be, but if i were you i wouldnt enter into these discussions about which brush is best. For me, only because it is just such personal thing to each cleaner, i reckon you have some of us who love your brushes and others who are gonna 'discuss' lol on the contrary till they are blue in the face, even if they have never tried one

Its a bit like a pub argument about cars or bikes, there is no one that is better its just someones opinion versus another

I understand that you are trying to explain the reasons and facts but i cant help feeling after reading through these pages and others that no one is going to win lol

Now i friggin love your brushes and will buy more, once i understand the difference between your red brushes and black brushes

I also love gardiners brushes, and have most of their range, but i like yours better lmao

Feel free to pm the answer on red and black so as not to stir up another hornets nest lmao

Polyester is one description of the type of material the Filaments (Brush Bristles) are made from. Mono-filament is a single strand of the artificial brush bristle, technically it would be correct to say Monofilament is man made and bristle is natural.

Flocked or flagged (Mono) Filaments are man made cheaper alternatives that try to copy the cleaning or benefits of a Natural Bristle. Keep in mind some types Natural Bristle at times can cost more than the price of Pure Gold, weight for weight that is.

At the moment Tecbuk uses 2 very different types of artificial or made Monofilaments, the Red Monofilament which is Polyester and the Black monofilament which is Nylon. The main difference being the Red Polyester is a non-absorbent monofilament and the Black Nylon is absorbent monofilament, but there are other differences.

They are man made filaments and they can be different colours, I could make you a Black Polyester Brush, or a Red Nylon Brush, The colour isn’t really important, the type of material is.

I know of other suppliers, who sell loads of brushes, but they only use 1 type of material even in one of there brush ranges, hence you get window cleaners with several brushes, unfortunately for them the bristle material is identical.

I have been meaning to put something on the website; I will get around to doing it. As you can see there is a lot more to it, but you really just need to know what type you are using on any given job and the difference in cleaning effectiveness, i.e. Speed of Cleaning. A Nylon brush is faster to use on first cleans, but this is also subjective, the first clean might not be that dirty. But Nylon brush would be slower in use than a Polyester brush for regular maintenance cleans.

Brushes are just tools of the trade, I only use 3 very different types of bristles, plus a mix with Hybrid brushes. As long as you can recognise the difference between the 3 type’s bristles when cleaning, choosing a Hybrid brush won’t be a problem. The key thing is you clean quicker and earn more money.

Thanks, so the red bristles on my hybrid are polyester and rinse on the glass beautifully. What will the nylon monofilament bristles feel like and will they allow me to rinse on the glass?

If i remember correctly one of my brushes has blue nylon bristles in the centre similar to your hybrids instead of boars hair, and it feels grippier i.e. Greater scrubbing power if you will.

If the brush is 100% nylon bristles i take it it will be slower on the glass due to being 'grippier' and it isnt worth having boars hair in the centre as the nylon is emulating boars hair?

Keir, what G sill brush do you have, the medium mixed, or the hot water one(red bristle)? sorry for asking, im in a dilemma in choosing between this tecbuk and G sill, as want to do gutters upvc and conny roofs and sills. Was doing a new house today, totally splattered with nesting birds above windows, my G medium mixed seemed to be cleaning it fine, but want the confidence of knowing I have good scrubbing power in my next purchase. Thanks:thumbsup:
I tend to use my conserv brush to get rid of the house Martin **** off sills so my window brushes don't get full off ****. Saves a lot of hassle afterwards.

Thanks, so the red bristles on my hybrid are polyester and rinse on the glass beautifully. What will the nylon monofilament bristles feel like and will they allow me to rinse on the glass?If i remember correctly one of my brushes has blue nylon bristles in the centre similar to your hybrids instead of boars hair, and it feels grippier i.e. Greater scrubbing power if you will.

If the brush is 100% nylon bristles i take it it will be slower on the glass due to being 'grippier' and it isnt worth having boars hair in the centre as the nylon is emulating boars hair?

Yes, the Red Bristles are the non-absorbent Polyester, you don’t have to rinse with these bristles, and you choose which panes need a rinse at your own discretion.

I wouldn’t just rinse with Nylon Bristle touching the glass, take the brush off and rinse where the bristles touched the glass. You do have greater risk of spotting with Nylon brushes; it’s a much slower brush because you do need to rinse each pane more thoroughly, other wise you will get a lot of spotting.

Nylon monofilament has more similarities with Polyester monofilament than it does with Boars Hair bristle. With the correct water flow all 3 types of bristles with glide easily over the glass, when they have the enough water

Boar’s hair can saturate and self clean in a few seconds or a few minutes depending on the amount of dirt, Nylon can’t do this and the bristles can retain dirt throughout the day as you clean different properties. Don’t let this put you off Nylon monofilament though, it’s a great cleaning bristle, all 3 types have there own unique benefits. Nylon will glide over the glass just as easy Polyester and clean easier and do this using far less water flow than Boars bristle for instance.

The perfect bristle would have the best aspect of each of the 3 types; the incredible Speed of Polyester monofilament, the ultimate scrubbing ability of Boars Hair and the exceptionally easy use a Nylon monofilament offers.

I tend to use my conserv brush to get rid of the house Martin **** off sills so my window brushes don't get full off ****. Saves a lot of hassle afterwards.
now you tell me.....divvy did that today:eek:....divvy learnt his lesson now...:rolleyes:

great answer richard...

Richard it is like being at school , my head is now battered
So then young Duncs. What have you learnt about the Tecbuk hybrid brush over the last month? I want a 500 word essay by 8pm tomorrow night or you will have to do 100 lines saying "I love Richard, Richard makes the quickest brush ever, Richard is god, I want Richard's babies."

Some how I think you'll do the 500 word essay :rofl:

P.S. Are you going to buy one? /emoticons/smile.png

IF i dream about brushes the night there will be some noise tomorrow

no graft tomorrow we are all in for test with Richard mind I dont bow to any one

now thats bringing back memories tuffers....one teacher....he made the line last four lines with really long words in it....:rolleyes:

now just going to brush up on this post ready for my exam....

Richard it is like being at school , my head is now battered

Sorry Duncs,

Just look at it as ‘learning’, and not education, (you don’t have to worry about doing the lines or exams.)

If you narrow your eyes and squint, you can just make out the word earn and earning, from what I am talking about, I think education has something to do with a cat.

Been swapping brushes again last few days.

The fastest brush by far that i own is the gardiners superlite medium mixed wide.

But the windows have gotta be clean to begin with if you know what i mean, only a maintenance brush.

But since i have cracked rinsing on the glass (totally relearned how to wfp) the 350mm wide with its 4 pencil jets is just extremely fast.

Infact all the gardiners brushes are just amazing at rinsing on the glass due to the square edged bristles and coupled with a swivel neck so you can just spin the brush to rinse, i cannot believe how up until the last few weeks i have been making wfp soooo much harder than it should be.

I will do a vid or two just to get some opinions from the more experienced lads to see what you reckon

As for when the windows need scrubbing, put the tecbuk on an slx 25 for rigidity and those windows will be clean fast

Back