Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Teesside Window Cleaner passed away in accident

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I also feel bad for speculating but it feels unethical to me to try and sell a business just days after an employee had died without mentioning it at all to potential buyers, he commented today saying that vans would be sold etc - at the very least I'd like to think I would hold off on the sale...

That said, while I was digging I also found that his company cleaned windows that belonged to another window cleaner and posted a slip requesting payment as though the customer was theirs, so his morals are questionable

I'm assuming the road is open now so the police have investigated and have a good idea of what's happened. He would surley have been pulled by now. If there was anything dodgy about the van I'm sure the other workers would be getting it out there too. It will be reported online somewhere.

I also feel bad for speculating but it feels unethical to me to try and sell a business just days after an employee had died without mentioning it at all to potential buyers, he commented today saying that vans would be sold etc - at the very least I'd like to think I would hold off on the sale...

That said, while I was digging I also found that his company cleaned windows that belonged to another window cleaner and posted a slip requesting payment as though the customer was theirs, so his morals are questionable
Yes I don’t see how he could sell a business with this situation on going if I was a potential buyer I certainly wouldn’t buy it now

I'm assuming the road is open now so the police have investigated and have a good idea of what's happened. He would surley have been pulled by now. If there was anything dodgy about the van I'm sure the other workers would be getting it out there too. It will be reported online somewhere.
In any fatal collision the vehicle will be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the police and VOSA , to astatine any contributing factors to the accident , it could be driver error by either vehicle or a mechanical failure , ime guessing it will all come out in time at the latest in the coroners court .

If it’s the same company then yes they are definitely selling work. It’s on a couple of the facebook groups today and he’s getting various criticisms about the price of the work he’s selling off.

Not exactly the same but a warning for those that use ladders for the conny roof cleans and awkward windows ?

Exactly this is why you cannot employ and have staff going down the street using ladders on most jobs , also shows how anyone can be held responsible if things go badly wrong . Good post , what happened is very sad but it’s good to highlight stuff like this as a warning to one’s who think they are invincible and above the law or dont have a clue about H&S .

Shows how important it is to have a secure load
I had to use one of my cars when my van died and even strapped the barrels down I had to use
25kg in a head on could be in effect over quarter of a tonne as it launches into your or worse still your passengers back
Not worth the risk

Am I the only one who finds it completely disingenuous that he's selling off his business without even mentioning what happened or the legal trouble he's in?
Some people believe they can do no wrong. When something does go wrong, it's a problem with the system. The system has failed them. They also tend to ignore advice, which he received plenty of from @Pjj over the years. I'm an old idiot - he doesn't like me.

When the inquest is finally opened, (it can take years), I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear he is out of the country doing IT somewhere.
What type of IT? Maybe history will repeat itself.

Last edited:
Some people believe they can do no wrong. When something does go wrong, it's a problem with the system. The system has failed them. They also tend to ignore advice, which he received plenty of from @Pjj over the years. I'm an old idiot - he doesn't like me.

When the inquest is finally opened, (it can take years), I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear he is out of the country doing IT somewhere.

That doesn’t surprise me in the least
Shady character
His attitude is the reason I banned him twice also
Some people have no scruples

Also I thought the echo was a south coast paper
Learn something new everyday

Unfortunately over 36 years in the fire service I have come across this type of accident many times , without judging on this particular situation as I don’t have all the relevant information but a general rule of thumb with this type of thing it is corporate man slaughter which is either a very heavy fine or imprisonment or both , let’s hope that justice is done in this particular case .

He is probably looking at a very , very hefty fine.I’ve seen window cleaning companies get fines before even when no accident has occurred..

His more than likely knows this and the fine will be 50k absolute minimum But more likely 100k plus to be realistic.This will no doubt send him bankrupt so his trying to offload it all before.

The fact the took the whole fleet of the road means there taking it seriously so they may make an example of him.

Latest Posts

Back