Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking about setting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window cleaning is better than painting. I think in the long run you will get a bit of back pains but is way less dangerous than all the dust from painting walls. 

You are not stuck in a job for weeks, you meet more people and you get more time off

Go for it

Last edited by a moderator:
What van have u got , 6k miles in 2 years ? wow that is very good !!
im the same..i just use my van for work as i have a golf GTD for leisure and all my work is within 20 mins drive from my home,my van was brand new nearly 3 years ago now(ford connect L2 240 limited) and its not even got 10,000 miles on the clock yet!?

Got a 5 Oclock start on Monday, trying to get to Ely before 9. I had heavy goods license and drove a lorry for about 8 years. Drove countrywide in my last job so a 4 hour drive is water off a ducks back. 
Got my hgv in the army (reme) to be able to drive the trucks we were repairing and did some agency work when I moved from London and set up again up here in Hertfordshire. 

4 hr drive is a little hop lol.

Especially in a little puddle jumper like I used a lot.

Daf lf and cf wagons are tiny 7.5t jobbies.

Like driving a car to me.

Don't miss it though as the money isn't great in haulage nowadays. 

Once there is a big shortage in drivers (which is starting) due to needing a seperate license just for 7.5t wagons the pay may go up to be a good incentive for young lads to take the test which would be needed soon I reckon.

im the same..i just use my van for work as i have a golf GTD for leisure and all my work is within 20 mins drive from my home,my van was brand new nearly 3 years ago now(ford connect L2 240 limited) and its not even got 10,000 miles on the clock yet!?
Lol i had a Golf R for 3 years , it used to drink petrol for fun and eat tyres for fun, used to get me in a lot of trouble so got rid of it after 36 months,  haha

Got my hgv in the army (reme) to be able to drive the trucks we were repairing and did some agency work when I moved from London and set up again up here in Hertfordshire. 

4 hr drive is a little hop lol.

Especially in a little puddle jumper like I used a lot.

Daf lf and cf wagons are tiny 7.5t jobbies.

Like driving a car to me.

Don't miss it though as the money isn't great in haulage nowadays. 

Once there is a big shortage in drivers (which is starting) due to needing a seperate license just for 7.5t wagons the pay may go up to be a good incentive for young lads to take the test which would be needed soon I reckon.
Scary thing is I passed my test,1986, in a lorry that had a crash gearbox in it, non of this synchromesh rubbish. Nowadays they're like driving cars, hope @sprucedoesn't see this, he might get to excited ?

Scary thing is I passed my test,1986, in a lorry that had a crash gearbox in it, non of this synchromesh rubbish. Nowadays they're like driving cars, hope @sprucedoesn't see this, he might get to excited ?
Double d clutch everywhere.

Fortunately I missed that fun.

Passed mine in 1992

I've got my 7.5 tonne through grandfather's rights..when I was looking for a part time job to rest my shoulder and gets all my kit together for window cleaning I went for a drivers job at Tescos. Didn't make it out the car park in the interview, stacked it, didn't effect my insurance....every cloud!

Lol i had a Golf R for 3 years , it used to drink petrol for fun and eat tyres for fun, used to get me in a lot of trouble so got rid of it after 36 months,  haha
the new golf GTDs are miles better mate,ok not quite as fast as a golf R but still a respectable 0-62 in 7.5 seconds,its so good on fuel!i get around 40 miles to the gallon and its never out of sports mode......i love it...best car ive ever had.....better than the old mark 5 GTI i used to have.....

Got a 5 Oclock start on Monday, trying to get to Ely before 9. I had heavy goods license and drove a lorry for about 8 years. Drove countrywide in my last job so a 4 hour drive is water off a ducks back. 
I didn't think you knew what 5am was after a Sunday night ? I had to Google were Ely is, 206 miles from my house I couldn't do 20 miles for a job 

Your van should see you into retirement 

the new golf GTDs are miles better mate,ok not quite as fast as a golf R but still a respectable 0-62 in 7.5 seconds,its so good on fuel!i get around 40 miles to the gallon and its never out of sports mode......i love it...best car ive ever had.....better than the old mark 5 GTI i used to have.....
The GTDS look very nice but driving wise its no where near an R lol , a GTD is a Diesel and an R is a thirsty petrol so both total different and GTDS are fast as **** to be honest it can give the GTI a run for its money, i Like the VW Jettas beautiful cars and the VW Arteon looks pretty nice aswell

I used to get 340bhp out of my remaped Golf hahaa done 32k miles in 3 years went through a large amount of Bridgestone Ptenza tyres and **** load of brake pads ? honest i could of bought a house with the money i spent on my car haha but u live and u learn haha, its all about vans now , **** the cars for the time being ? lmaoooo im in love with Ford Transits now  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back