Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Through the floor guide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can anyone give me a review of the new waterworks security pulley?
Looks much smarter than their last version. I have only used Grippa ones previously.
They look very nice but having had there previous version found the threaded bar sections bent badly when pulling the hose through them these ones dont look any thicker , it would be good to hear from anyone that has them , they are expensive and as such need to be top notch , I have the Grippatank ones and they are very strong , but I know some have had issues with them cutting the hose , if the water works ones are any good they would be worth investing in .

They look very nice but having had there previous version found the threaded bar sections bent badly when pulling the hose through them these ones dont look any thicker , it would be good to hear from anyone that has them , they are expensive and as such need to be top notch , I have the Grippatank ones and they are very strong , but I know some have had issues with them cutting the hose , if the water works ones are any good they would be worth investing in .
I have some also. The edges can be smoothed off to stop the hose cutting, just needs a little QC. The waterworks ones look really weak. I'm sure they're stronger than the last lot on account of them having 4 bars instead of 2 but those bars do not look the strongest. Such a shame because the rest of that design is really good.

I have some also. The edges can be smoothed off to stop the hose cutting, just needs a little QC. The waterworks ones look really weak. I'm sure they're stronger than the last lot on account of them having 4 bars instead of 2 but those bars do not look the strongest. Such a shame because the rest of that design is really good.
The waterworks ones at £175 I'd expect them to be rock solid at that price, maybe phone them up this morning and enquire about the strength of the bars compared to the previous version

Looking into them myself
What is the bar? M10?
Could be uprated I suppose with a step drill and thicker bar

The waterworks ones at £175 I'd expect them to be rock solid at that price, maybe phone them up this morning and enquire about the strength of the bars compared to the previous version
£182.34 including vat and delivery. Just ordered one, looks like the kids aren’t eating next week ?

I had a good look at my Grippa ones. It seems they also have a threaded bar, very similar thickness by the look of it. The difference is they add a thicker casing bar outside of that. I imagine the original ones weren’t as strong as they were only 2 bars. I’m hedging my bets the strength comes from the 4 points of contact that gives the strength, not the thickness of the bars.

£182.34 including vat and delivery. Just ordered one, looks like the kids aren’t eating next week ?

I had a good look at my Grippa ones. It seems they also have a threaded bar, very similar thickness by the look of it. The difference is they add a thicker casing bar outside of that. I imagine the original ones weren’t as strong as they were only 2 bars. I’m hedging my bets the strength comes from the 4 points of contact that gives the strength, not the thickness of the bars.
If you were doing better you could have kitted all your vans and fed the kids ?

It will be good to hear what you think of them once fitted

Flipping heck that’s expensive for one !,,,, let us know what you think of them compared to the grippertank ones

@P4dstar how are you getting on with these and were they easy enough to fit, were these replacing some others or new fitting to a newer van?
Seems really good so far. That van had only been up and running for a couple of days before I shot off on holiday. Currently getting sunburnt in Budapest watching the F1. I’ll be able to tell you more when I get back, my guys will have been using it while I’ve been away.

Initially the didn’t arrive with the spreader plates but Waterworks sent them out next day delivery. Outside of that they are as sturdy as my Grippa ones. The bar is just as thick, the difference is the Grippa one has a roller surrounding the 4 bars which make it look thicker. The hole is wide enough for a rectus protector from Rootek. Very impressed with the first couple of days.

Seems really good so far. That van had only been up and running for a couple of days before I shot off on holiday. Currently getting sunburnt in Budapest watching the F1. I’ll be able to tell you more when I get back, my guys will have been using it while I’ve been away.

Initially the didn’t arrive with the spreader plates but Waterworks sent them out next day delivery. Outside of that they are as sturdy as my Grippa ones. The bar is just as thick, the difference is the Grippa one has a roller surrounding the 4 bars which make it look thicker. The hole is wide enough for a rectus protector from Rootek. Very impressed with the first couple of days.
Oh how the other half live ?

Don't forget my candy rock and tea towel

Shame they (Waterworks) don't give the gap size between the rollers. Will it accommodate a Slick 2 Connector from Exceed Innovations which is approx 30mm in diamt?

Last edited:
Ive just fitted rollers in my van the other week..

2 winch rollers off ebay and 2 lengths of m12 threaded bar. I put some alloy tube over the bar. The tube over the bar compresses when you tighten it all up and gives it more rigidty.
Total cost £30 ish.

4 bars would probably be better i will try that next if the 2 bars bend but ok so far.

It's not finished in this image, I put washers against the van body and cut the end of the bar off.

Attachments

• 20230716_152050.jpg
    20230716_152050.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

2 winch rollers off ebay and 2 lengths of m12 threaded bar. I put some alloy tube over the bar. The tube over the bar compresses when you tighten it all up and gives it more rigidty.
Total cost £30 ish.

4 bars would probably be better i will try that next if the 2 bars bend but ok so far.

It's not finished in this image, I put washers against the van body and cut the end of the bar off.
More photos and more info please as those look rock solid

Last edited:

Total cost £30 ish.

You could double the gap by taking out front facing rollers as not needed. You would only need the back and side rollers.
bottom roller taken out lots more room.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpeg
    IMG_0470.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0473.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0474.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 12
From experience I found doing it with just 2 rods they bent and weren’t strong enough especially when pull hose long distances at an angle but with 4 it made it much better 10 or 12 mm threaded bar works very well
I'll go with the waterworks ones I think, there isn't much else on offer.

More photos and more info please as those look rock solid
I didn't take any photos sorry.

All you need is 2 rollers. 2 lengths of m12 bar. 4 nuts, 2 washers and then two length of alloy tube.

For the alloy tube I cut down a fishing bankstick that I had in the shed but it's easy to get from b&q or online etc.

The idea with using the alloy tube is that because it is fairly soft it will compress very slightly when I tighten the nuts on the bar that connects both rollers. It will compress between the bottom roller and the van floor stiffening the whole thing up.

Then threadlock the nuts because if not I imagine they will slacken over time and then you are losing the benefit of the tubing as all the strain will be back on the bar.

This hasn't budged and I've ragged it about at all angle.

I did make one many years ago with m10 bar and it did indeed bend that's why I thought of this idea.

If you use self locking nuts (Nyloc, Nylon) they stay tight. Sometimes there is a handy bolt that you could use a piece of steel or ali to go from the bottom of the m12 to the chassis to strengthen it up.

How do you rate the waterworks HD Pulley

Back