Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transit custom or Renault Traffic

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As @THL4KELsaid, you should be able to get a better deal on a van then they will. If I were you I'd ask them to quote for what you want, van and system, and then ask them to quote for system only. Then find the van you want and search around, then compare the prices. You could always get the van delivered to whoever you've chosen for the system.
I have thought of this but I wanted as seamless a transaction as possible without losing any work days.  I know it will be cheaper as they wouldn’t be doing it without making anything for their selves as I’d just be paying for the convenience. Also once you factor in time lost from when you trade your old van in to when you get your new one on the road and delivery fees etc as I don’t want to own two vans at the same time you could be looking at a big loss of earnings. Offset that against the extra convenience spend and I don’t think you’d be far out. I bet your looking at a good week from trading your old van in to getting the new one delivered to say “ grippa” , getting the system fitted and getting it back. Then there’s other essentials like roof racks etc that need sorting. I’d rather pay someone to sort all that for me then I can get on with it. I have thought about taking some time off but I prefer to spend time off going on family hols etc and not doing unpaid work stuff. 

I'm just going through the process and have got it down to losing a day. My insurance company will let me have the 2 vans on one policy until I sell the van. 
That’s good to know. Who are you insured with? Just spoke to a very nice lady at grippatank and they have very competitive rates on their supplies vans. They may even be able to get it a little cheaper if everything is done in house. I think I’m going to have to go down owning two vans at the same time route as most places have a 4 week turnover on complete fitted systems and I certainly can’t afford to take that much time off with no van although grippa do have lease vans that they can supply for the mean time. Think I’m just gonna have to use the overdraft then pay it off when I sell my old van. 

That’s good to know. Who are you insured with? Just spoke to a very nice lady at grippatank and they have very competitive rates on their supplies vans. They may even be able to get it a little cheaper if everything is done in house. I think I’m going to have to go down owning two vans at the same time route as most places have a 4 week turnover on complete fitted systems and I certainly can’t afford to take that much time off with no van although grippa do have lease vans that they can supply for the mean time. Think I’m just gonna have to use the overdraft then pay it off when I sell my old van. 
NFU, not the cheapest but gave me full no claims when we first started up, even though they were being used on my own car.

Back